+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
Hi if anyone could help me on ways on how to re-apply.. my class will start on Sept 2019

my visa application was refused for these reasons:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

Laveena22

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hi if anyone could help me on ways on how to re-apply.. my class will start on Sept 2019

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself
what financial and employment documents did you show?

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
what financial and employment documents did you show?
for financial.. i submitted documents of my parents' bank accounts as well as the value of our assets here in the Philippines, I also included financial documents from my uncle in Canada who was supposedly the one to sponsor me.. I did not submit any employment documents since I am a fresh graduate and planning to study in a different field again

rsaiprasad.08

Apr 16, 2019

residence.
residence.

you applied in SDS or non SDS?
did you send GIC and first year fee receipt?
in general is it okay to sponsor your studies other than your parents (like your uncle)?
did you submit affidavit from your uncle?
what kind of financial documents have you submitted from your uncle?
how much funds did you show?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Assets don't matter if they are not liquid (cash).

Your uncle in Canada is a problem because he shows you have better ties to Canada then to your own country (No job etc). You should have used only your parents finances if they were enough. Sponsors also need to provide other supporting docs did you include this?

Switching fields is another problem you need to work hard to explain this in your letter, did you include a letter? It seems you have not shown sufficient ties to home country.

Review the paper based guidelines for your country.

Reactions: Mimi26

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
you applied in SDS or non SDS?
did you send GIC and first year fee receipt?
in general is it okay to sponsor your studies other than your parents (like your uncle)?
did you submit affidavit from your uncle?
what kind of financial documents have you submitted from your uncle?
how much funds did you show?
Non SDS route, my course is less than a year, 9 months to be exact and i only paid the half of it but no i did not submit the tuition fee receipt as it was indicated in my letter of acceptance that i only owe half of the tuition. Yes, my uncle offered to sponsor me to study in Canada, he offered accommodation whereas my parents will also help me with my allowance. I submitted a hand written letter from my uncle stating that he is willing to sponsor me together with the proof of their assets in Canada.
As for funds to support myself, i submitted the gross annual income of my parents here in the Philippines and my uncle and his wife in Canada..

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
Assets don't matter if they are not liquid (cash).

Your uncle in Canada is a problem because he shows you have better ties to Canada then to your own country (No job etc). You should have used only your parents finances if they were enough. Sponsors also need to provide other supporting docs did you include this?

Switching fields is another problem you need to work hard to explain this in your letter, did you include a letter? It seems you have not shown sufficient ties to home country.

Review the paper based guidelines for your country.
We have converted our assets into CAD but it was just a rough estimate.. should the bank do the estimation instead??. Yes I have included supporting documents from my uncle such as his and his wife's payroll as well as the amount of their assets (because he sent me those) .
Sadly, I did not include a letter or SOP in my application.. Where was I supposed to upload that document (i think this was the main reason why i was rejected because I was not able to explain my purpose). I only showed the bank account of my parents as i was a fresh graduate so i can't really show an employment letter.

I applied online.. Is it better to apply paper-based??

btw thank you

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
We have converted our assets into CAD but it was just a rough estimate.. should the bank do the estimation instead??. Yes I have included supporting documents from my uncle such as his and his wife's payroll as well as the amount of their assets (because he sent me those) .
Sadly, I did not include a letter or SOP in my application.. Where was I supposed to upload that document (i think this was the main reason why i was rejected because I was not able to explain my purpose). I only showed the bank account of my parents as i was a fresh graduate so i can't really show an employment letter.

I applied online.. Is it better to apply paper-based??

btw thank you
Read the paper based instructions but apply online.
Letter is crucial since you are changing fields and have no employment back home AND you have family in Canada which makes you a high risk for over stay. You need to explain why switching field and how this new qualification is going to help build a career back home along with any ties you can explain to your home country.
There is a space for uploading any additional file and you put your letter in there along with anything else combined as one pdf.
Your uncles docs don't seem right to me at least, why wife's payroll? and again assets are not very useful to IRCC, you need to show cash in the bank that is enough to cover the required amount for 1 year.

Reactions: Mimi26

Mimi26

Apr 12, 2019
Philippines
Read the paper based instructions but apply online.
Letter is crucial since you are changing fields and have no employment back home AND you have family in Canada which makes you a high risk for over stay. You need to explain why switching field and how this new qualification is going to help build a career back home along with any ties you can explain to your home country.
There is a space for uploading any additional file and you put your letter in there along with anything else combined as one pdf.
Your uncles docs don't seem right to me at least, why wife's payroll? and again assets are not very useful to IRCC, you need to show cash in the bank that is enough to cover the required amount for 1 year.
okay thank you very much!!

Alele

May 16, 2019
Hello,I'm from Uganda.I applied for a study permit for undergraduate studies recently without including a letter of explanation(SOP) since it was optional.Apparently it's the most important document.Wow,do I stand a chance!?

Iamdoyin

May 16, 2019
Hello would to apply for an undergraduate after five years of graduating with a Bsc in a different field. Will it affect my application?