+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
I have done a bachelor of Art design in China, and I want to go for Environmental Education for master in Canada.
Your past and future education are two separate domain. How did you explained this to visa officer in your statement of purpose ?

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
Your past and future education are two separate domain. How did you explained this to visa officer in your statement of purpose ?
Since I am doing the volunteering to save animals and environment protect in China, and I want to be professional so I decide to choose this domain. Something like this. And I also mentioned I will go back to China in my study plan.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Since I am doing the volunteering to save animals and environment protect in China, and I want to be professional so I decide to choose this domain. Something like this. And I also mentioned I will go back to China in my study plan.
In that case you should obtain some sort of experience certificate from the organization you are working with and attach with SOP to make your case strong. Just writing that you are working for some cause does not convince visa officer. You need to support your claim with valid proofs. If you have written some blogs on animal or environmental saving, have done some fund raising activities, have collaborated with some NGO, etc etc ... such kind of evidence you need to produce to convince visa officer.

darthv

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
why do you want to go back to China? explain in terms of job prospects, family, increase in employability after obtaining grad degree from the west, in your SoP.
Assuming that you applied for Fall'18 visa, there is not enough time to reapply and get the visa in time for the same term, unless uni allows you to join till mid-September. Talk to your uni and see what they say. If they extend the joining deadline, rectify your SoP (+ attach more proofs of interest in environmental/animal protect) and apply ASAP.
If they defer you to January term, apply for CAIPS (it takes 1 month to receive results). It'll give you the exact refusal reasons as there is space constraint on refusal letter. Equipped with CAIPS notes, you can address the refusal reasons easily in the next application.

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
In that case you should obtain some sort of experience certificate from the organization you are working with and attach with SOP to make your case strong. Just writing that you are working for some cause does not convince visa officer. You need to support your claim with valid proofs. If you have written some blogs on animal or environmental saving, have done some fund raising activities, have collaborated with some NGO, etc etc ... such kind of evidence you need to produce to convince visa officer.
Ok Thank you, do you think I can reapply it immediately? If I can redo a study plan?

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
why do you want to go back to China? explain in terms of job prospects, family, increase in employability after obtaining grad degree from the west, in your SoP.
Assuming that you applied for Fall'18 visa, there is not enough time to reapply and get the visa in time for the same term, unless uni allows you to join till mid-September. Talk to your uni and see what they say. If they extend the joining deadline, rectify your SoP (+ attach more proofs of interest in environmental/animal protect) and apply ASAP.
If they defer you to January term, apply for CAIPS (it takes 1 month to receive results). It'll give you the exact refusal reasons as there is space constraint on refusal letter. Equipped with CAIPS notes, you can address the refusal reasons easily in the next application.
Okay, Thanks for your help and I'll email Uni first and plan to redo it.

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hello, within how many days does one receives refusal letter on email? If I have linked my account to gckey will I not be receiving Email for refusal reasons?

Jun 12, 2019
Hello I’d just like to enquire that if my study permit was denied and I am welcome for reapplication anytime. If I reapply before my medicals and biometrics expire with the missing documents required. Will my study permit come out faster or it will still follow the normal processing time?

Konvicted

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hello I’d just like to enquire that if my study permit was denied and I am welcome for reapplication anytime. If I reapply before my medicals and biometrics expire with the missing documents required. Will my study permit come out faster or it will still follow the normal processing time?
I refilled it online with same documents, just added one appeal letter and my visa came in just 5 days.