+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I applied for a study permit through the online application. And I got a refuse letter and the reasons are:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

So, everybody, what's the reason that I got those problems, and what I need to do next?

Thanks for your time.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You have not satisfied the visa officer on those two points and you need to improve your application and if you feel you can do that apply again. You can also get the caips notes to get the officers specific reasoning.

Since we dont know what you included in your application we cant really help too much, but go through the other 100s of threads on this and you should get the idea.

Harshal Bafna

Jun 6, 2018
W
Hi everyone,

I applied for a study permit through the online application. And I got a refuse letter and the reasons are:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

So, everybody, what's the reason that I got those problems, and what I need to do next?

Thanks for your time.
What documents did you submit with your SDS application?

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your time.
1. What is the total tuition fees for the program you enrolled into ?
2. How much funds did you showed in your application?
3. What financial proof did you attached?

When you post any query add some details.

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
You have not satisfied the visa officer on those two points and you need to improve your application and if you feel you can do that apply again. You can also get the caips notes to get the officers specific reasoning.

Since we dont know what you included in your application we cant really help too much, but go through the other 100s of threads on this and you should get the idea.
Thanks for your reply, I'll post more details of my application.

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
1. What is the total tuition fees for the program you enrolled into ?
2. How much funds did you showed in your application?
3. What financial proof did you attached?

When you post any query add some details.
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
1. The total tuition fees are the $7468 * 6 is $48000.
2. but maybe I write down $7468 on the imm1294e.
3. I saved $60000 for financial approvement.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
1. The total tuition fees are the $7468 * 6 is $48000.
2. but maybe I write down $7468 on the imm1294e.
3. I saved $60000 for financial approvement.
In IMM1294 you should have filled total academic fees and next to that field you should have filled expected other expenditures. Then there is field next to it which ask for how much fund you have and who is providing that fund.

Coming back to the $60k that you might have shown. If that is your saving, then the document you attach as proof of funds should show the gradual history as to how this corpus will built. If you would have deposited some bulk amount then it would have raised doubts.

What financial documents did you attached with your application ?

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
In IMM1294 you should have filled total academic fees and next to that field you should have filled expected other expenditures. Then there is field next to it which ask for how much fund you have and who is providing that fund.

Coming back to the $60k that you might have shown. If that is your saving, then the document you attach as proof of funds should show the gradual history as to how this corpus will built. If you would have deposited some bulk amount then it would have raised doubts.

What financial documents did you attached with your application ?
Thanks for your message, my parents put that money in my account, and I have already attached approve of their income. And also the saving approvement of that 60k. If I put the total tuition fee in imm1294 this time is that gonna be ok?
BTW: Could you please give me some advice about how to explain this mistake?
Thank you for your time.

darthv

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your time.
problem is the weak ties to the home country. Your study plan should address the questions like why Canada, why not your home country? why this degree? future prospects in the home country etc. Along with a solid study plan, fixed assets like property help in demonstrating strong ties to the home country. I would advise you to request for CAIPS note and see what exact reasons visa officer has mentioned and then address those in next application.

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
problem is the weak ties to the home country. Your study plan should address the questions like why Canada, why not your home country? why this degree? future prospects in the home country etc. Along with a solid study plan, fixed assets like property help in demonstrating strong ties to the home country. I would advise you to request for CAIPS note and see what exact reasons visa officer has mentioned and then address those in next application.
Ok, thanks for your message, I'll apply for it now.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
The purpose of visit relates to a vast number of reasons which might be from either course irrelevancy or mismatch, weak SOP, personal composition or future plans etc

Personal asset and financial status points to either you didn't show your personal landed properties or personal account statement. Also, of your sponsor's landed property is weak or quite not convincing, it shows a refusal reasons as this. Request for your gcms notes and fix the VO's concerns

Ambrose9001

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your time.

What program have you done before and what program did you apply now in Canada? And what are their duration? Answer it and let me tell you the exact reasons.

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
The purpose of visit relates to a vast number of reasons which might be from either course irrelevancy or mismatch, weak SOP, personal composition or future plans etc

Personal asset and financial status points to either you didn't show your personal landed properties or personal account statement. Also, of your sponsor's landed property is weak or quite not convincing, it shows a refusal reasons as this. Request for your gcms notes and fix the VO's concerns
Thanks for your message, I'll prepare more for it.

pecroger

Jul 24, 2018
What program have you done before and what program did you apply now in Canada? And what are their duration? Answer it and let me tell you the exact reasons.
I have done a bachelor of Art design in China, and I want to go for Environmental Education for master in Canada.