+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit refused

alaa8891

May 31, 2018
urgent help need
I applied for study permit for my self as I have 3 years scholarship from my country to study master degree
and after 2 weeks got refused , here is the document I applied with and the reason of refusing

- acceptance letter for 1 year ESL from university of Alberta
- finial support letter from the sponsorship department and from the CBIE as they are the office responsible for us
- Certificate of employment from my current jobs with approved study leave for post graduate study for the 3 years
- Salary Certificate, statement of bank account, Official Currency conversion at bank rate.
- Apartment lease contract with details of the ownership Notarized property document.
- Graduation certificate, Transcript and Graduation statement & completing the Internship
- Police clearance certificate
- Declaration from the legal translator.
- marriage certificate ( I also I applied for my wife with me , open work permit for her )

got refused because of the following reason :

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I want to apply again next week as my study for English language start soon , any help how to overcome this issue and not to get refused again

Meheruna

Jun 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
How much liquid cash money did you showed? and what was your tie with your home country?

alaa8891

May 31, 2018
How much liquid cash money did you showed? and what was your tie with your home country?
Iam full funded student , with scholarship of full study tuition and pocket monthly of 2420$ , also I showed my bank account with around 22000$ of y saved , ties was my job study leave for the 3 years have this job upon my return, ownership of flat , mention sick mother and single sister I take care of them .
purpose of visit I mention 3 years ( 1 esl and 2 master ) but I only got acceptance letter for the ESL program for now , should I apply for one year study permit first then ask for extension after ?

Reactions: Meheruna

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
IMO, the problem is you don’t have confirmation your studies will continue after the ESL course. My understanding is that ESL courses aren’t looked at favourably for a SV and with no acceptance into a masters program (acceptance letter, paid tuition, etc), there is nothing to indicate you are a bonafide student. Personally, I’d consider completing the ESL outside of Canada and then apply for a SV when you are ready and accepted into a masters program.

Reactions: canuck78

alaa8891

May 31, 2018
IMO, the problem is you don’t have confirmation your studies will continue after the ESL course. My understanding is that ESL courses aren’t looked at favourably for a SV and with no acceptance into a masters program (acceptance letter, paid tuition, etc), there is nothing to indicate you are a bonafide student. Personally, I’d consider completing the ESL outside of Canada and then apply for a SV when you are ready and accepted into a masters program.
thank you
I also didn't sign the family form and miss-presented that my mother and single sister live in another city ( where they actual live with me and my wife in the same city since 2 years after my father passed away ) , is changing this in the new form would be suspected or should I mention that in the letter of explanation

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
miss-presented that my mother and single sister live in another city
Now why would you have lied about that to IRCC? How would you possibly explain that to them? IRCC does not take lies or misrepresentation lightly. Having done so, and then changing your story does nothing but throw up more questions up about your actual intent and makes it even harder for you. You can try to explain it, but realistically, that's a difficult oversight to justify.

As I stated previously, your best bet is to complete the ESL somewhere other than Canada first. Re-applying with the same plan and documentation will most likely result in another refusal.

Words of wisdom.....Never, ever lie to IRCC about anything. They have significant resources, culturally experienced and knowledgeable staff and unlimited time to review "oversights" like these. And if there is ever any doubt, it's as simple as a refusal of the application for them, leaving you with no real recourse. Just don't lie (about anything). Generally, they are pretty forgiving if you are up front with them, but if you aren't, there is no leeway given.

Meheruna

Jun 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Iam full funded student , with scholarship of full study tuition and pocket monthly of 2420$ , also I showed my bank account with around 22000$ of y saved , ties was my job study leave for the 3 years have this job upon my return, ownership of flat , mention sick mother and single sister I take care of them .
purpose of visit I mention 3 years ( 1 esl and 2 master ) but I only got acceptance letter for the ESL program for now , should I apply for one year study permit first then ask for extension after ?
I will apply end of this month for the visa. My class will start from September. I will apply along with my 5 year old kid as a single mother. Have sufficient fund to show but quite unsure whether they will accept or not.

anzila thapa

Dec 22, 2017
hi all I m from nepal and My application has been refused and I applied for study permit for esl program then after higher studies . VO stated that he is not satisfied with my language liabilities, and also said that I have not enough bal for study they said without working you cannt paid you tuition fees here. But I have sownn 86,000 Canadian dolor and I have not much good in English that's way I am applying for esl program .
Now I want to reapply can anyone please guide me how can i write a letter to VO regarding all.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
hi all I m from nepal and My application has been refused and I applied for study permit for esl program then after higher studies . VO stated that he is not satisfied with my language liabilities, and also said that I have not enough bal for study they said without working you cannt paid you tuition fees here. But I have sownn 86,000 Canadian dolor and I have not much good in English that's way I am applying for esl program .
Now I want to reapply can anyone please guide me how can i write a letter to VO regarding all.
They are not only looking for a raw amount of money, they are looking at the way this was obtained, if its really yours etc.
Also going all the way to Canada just to study English raises a lot of questions, it is better to get into a college maybe with a requirement/conditional offer that you do an English course first before you begin your actual program I believe this is called English for Academic Purposes (EAP) .

anzila thapa

Dec 22, 2017
I do have my future program in the institutions and that was inlaws money kept in bank they recently sell property . should i also submit sell deed or agreement. My college admitted me conditionally for my future program. pl help me what should I respond to demonstrate funds and english language for my future studies .

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I do have my future program in the institutions and that was inlaws money kept in bank they recently sell property . should i also submit sell deed or agreement. My college admitted me conditionally for my future program. pl help me what should I respond to demonstrate funds and english language for my future studies .
Well there is your problem, the money is not yours and not even from immediate family, it is also suspicious to visa officers that such a large amount just appears in bank account. I am not sure if more documentation will be able to fix that.
Did you also provide all the require documents from your sponsor? Letter, salary slips, letter from their employer etc?
You could also try the other options such as paying GIC and tuition fee before applying, read the visa office paper instructions for nepal and see.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp