+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused Twice

Sirwise

Jul 19, 2019
My TRV application has been refused twice based on the following reasons.
Please l need the honest opinion and suggestions from comrades on this platform. Thanks for your support.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Sirwise

Jul 19, 2019
Thanks for the quick notification.
Touching base, l received teaching assistantship worth 36000CAD for 5 Semesters . Also, l included in my application that l am self-employed proofing with business certificate and personal bank statement worth 10000CAD. With regards to sponsor my Aunt added her statement (292682CAD) + Sponsor letter.
That notwithstanding, l added my land documents as proof of personal assets. Despite the above mentioned details my application was rejected.
Please l need your suggestions to reapply ASAP.
Thanks

Sirwise

Jul 19, 2019
I am from Ghana and l applied from the same country. None of my relatives stay in Canada. The amount indicated from my aunt account is correct.
I stated clearly why l wanted to study in Canada and the reason why l chose the that school and program.
I am uncertain why my application was rejected based on the aforementioned reasons.
Please comment.

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
Touching base, l received teaching assistantship worth 36000CAD for 5 Semesters . Also, l included in my application that l am self-employed proofing with business certificate and personal bank statement worth 10000CAD. With regards to sponsor my Aunt added her statement (292682CAD) + Sponsor letter.
That notwithstanding, l added my land documents as proof of personal assets. Despite the above mentioned details my application was rejected.
Thanks
Bro, sorry for the refusal. I was also refused study permit based on financial status and personnal assets even though I paid tuition for a year and had about 30k cad in my personnal acount + 37k cad in my uncle's account. The issue is not about your ability to fund education, what it actually means is that you might not return to Ghana because you dont have anything to fall back on after completion of your study. So tell them the demand for your course in your home country. The propects after school etc. Bro, your refusal reasons are just about improving your SOP. Get a professional to draft for you if possible. Cheers

deetuff

Jul 13, 2019
I am from Ghana and l applied from the same country. None of my relatives stay in Canada. The amount indicated from my aunt account is correct.
I stated clearly why l wanted to study in Canada and the reason why l chose the that school and program.
I am uncertain why my application was rejected based on the aforementioned reasons.
Please comment.
Please post your sop. Also what uni and what program and what level. Did you apply online or on paper? When did you tender application?

Sirwise

Jul 19, 2019
Bro, sorry for the refusal. I was also refused study permit based on financial status and personnal assets even though I paid tuition for a year and had about 30k cad in my personnal acount + 37k cad in my uncle's account. The issue is not about your ability to fund education, what it actually means is that you might not return to Ghana because you dont have anything to fall back on after completion of your study. So tell them the demand for your course in your home country. The propects after school etc. Bro, your refusal reasons are just about improving your SOP. Get a professional to draft for you if possible. Cheers
Thanks so much for the alert. I appreciate it. Please can you recommend any expert who can review my SOP ? Also, have you finally received your study permit ?
Hoping you revert to me soon.

Sirwise

Jul 19, 2019
Please post your sop. Also what uni and what program and what level. Did you apply online or on paper? When did you tender application?
My first application was paper and the 2nd was done online .
Program: MSc. Food , agricultural and resource economics.
About the SOP, kindly send me your email, l will forward it to you ASAP.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
Thanks
The main cause of the finance rejection, is because you have a weak sponsor. Yourself, your parents, and maybe your siblings, are strong sponsors. Meaning they are closely tied to you. Your uncle, aunt, close relatives, etc, are weak sponsors because they are quite distant from you.

So, what you must do is to include your birth certificate and that should have your parents name in them. And then include your parent's birth certificate, the parent that your aunt is related to. Your parent's birth certificate should show your grandparent's name and identity. Then lastly, include your aunt's birth certficate which should also show the same grandparent.

This might sound confusing, but it is required. If your parents sponsor you, their identity is on your birth certificate so that is proof of who they are. But there is no proof of who your aunt is. This is something you must prove.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I think you have the same problem as the OP. Your uncle is a weak sponsor and that is the problem. Please refer to my reply to the OP for more information on this.

As for home ties, your parents living there should be enough proof. I know people who didn't show any proof of home ties, but because their parents live in their home country, they still got approved.

Ospinto_1234

Jul 9, 2019
I think you have the same problem as the OP. Your uncle is a weak sponsor and that is the problem. Please refer to my reply to the OP for more information on this.

As for home ties, your parents living there should be enough proof. I know people who didn't show any proof of home ties, but because their parents live in their home country, they still got approved.
Granted. According to CIC, we are required to show tuition and living expenses for a year. In my case, I have paid tuition for ayear. Living expenses is also covered as I have 30 k in my personnal account. So in effect, I have fulfilled the requirement without my co-sponsor's statement. So what do you think is the problem here. Probably take out my co-sponsor's statement in my next application. What do you think?