+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refused today, Please help/advice me asap:

manivd

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Guys my application for the study permit has been refused today, I got a message in my CIC account.

This is what they said in the application:

This refers to your application for a Canadian study permit. According to Canada's Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act and Regulations, as an applicant for a study permit, you must establish that your intentions are
bona fide and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. You must satisfy an
officer that you will not contravene the conditions of admission and that you do not belong in a category of
persons inadmissible to Canada under the Act. You must satisfy an officer that you will meet the requirements of
Part 12 of the Regulations, including satisfying the officer that you have adequate financial resources to pay
tuition fees and support your stay in Canada.
Based on a careful review of the information contained in your application and all of the documentation which
you have provided in support of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act
and the Regulations. I am therefore refusing your application.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that “A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a
visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of
this Act.” Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include
regulations made under it.
This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a
new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your
situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.

Reasons are:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:

- your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
- purpose of visit

Please suggest me shall I apply again or what should I do ?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Re: Study Permit Refused today, Please help/advice me:

manivd said:
Guys my application for the study permit has been refused today, I got a message in my CIC account.

This is what they said in the application:

This refers to your application for a Canadian study permit. According to Canada's Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act and Regulations, as an applicant for a study permit, you must establish that your intentions are
bona fide and that you will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. You must satisfy an
officer that you will not contravene the conditions of admission and that you do not belong in a category of
persons inadmissible to Canada under the Act. You must satisfy an officer that you will meet the requirements of
Part 12 of the Regulations, including satisfying the officer that you have adequate financial resources to pay
tuition fees and support your stay in Canada.
Based on a careful review of the information contained in your application and all of the documentation which
you have provided in support of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act
and the Regulations. I am therefore refusing your application.
Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that “A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a
visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of
this Act.” Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include
regulations made under it.
This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a
new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your
situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.

Reasons are:

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:

- your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
- purpose of visit

Please suggest me shall I apply again or what should I do ?
We need full profile to see why the application was declined

It seems you have close relatives in Canada and CIC feels that you are not a genuine student but looking to use the SP to immigrate to Canada

manivd

Star Member
May 15, 2014

txboyscout said:
We need full profile to see why the application was declined

It seems you have close relatives in Canada and CIC feels that you are not a genuine student but looking to use the SP to immigrate to Canada
My profile is:
Applied from Pakistan not under SP.
B.Sc Biomedical Engineering, Pakistan, 4 years degree.
M.Sc International Business & Human Resource Managment, U.K, 1 year degree.
Currently employed and have almost two years work experience as a Biomedical Engineer.
Unconditional Admission Letter from University of Saskatchewan into Masters Engineering - Biomedical Engineering 2 years programs with supervisor approval.

No relative in Canada at all.
Anything else you want to know, please ask.

manivd

Star Member
May 15, 2014

and yeah about my financials:
I opted for other where I have written parents/brothers.
My dad is retired but two brothers are employed. I showed two banks statements one joint account my name with mother CAD 39,500/-
Second one is of my brother CAD 25,800/-
Showed monthly income of more than CAD 4000/-
Paid 1st whole year fees, in advance wasn't even university requirement.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Looks fine to me; seems VO was not convinced that you were a genuine student, given your education history and employment (you are actually doing pretty well off in Pakistan)....

Also, when you have to use your sibiling financials, it is always a red flag

manivd

Star Member
May 15, 2014
txboyscout said:
Looks fine to me; seems VO was not convinced that you were a genuine student, given your education history and employment (you are actually doing pretty well off in Pakistan)....

Also, when you have to use your sibiling financials, it is always a red flag
Can you please suggest me what shall I do now, apply again. With a strong SOP or what ?
How can I convince VO, that I am genuine student :(
Even though I know its a red flag, thats why I have paid 1st whole years fees even CAD 500 more than on top of tuition fees.
Onething more my whole maternal family is in USA and my mother visited them in 2009, but non of them is Canadian national.

Aruma

Sep 25, 2009
Your only reason of rejection is course mismatch as well as a confusing career. CIC normally discourages doing a master again, if you already have completed a master from UK, but this is only my personal opinion

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah Almighty wills (Insha Allah)
It is really sad story with u .. I have a question my brother is in canada as a student and studying in university. I am applying for study permit. so does this effect for getting visa?

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
19916 said:
It is really sad story with u .. I have a question my brother is in canada as a student and studying in university. I am applying for study permit. so does this effect for getting visa?
dont make multiple threads/posts for same question. i would have answered but i am not going to because you didn't really feel sad for manivd. stop hijacking peoples threads. either make a new one or ask the question in some general thread.

princekmasih

Star Member
Jun 8, 2014
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-08-2017
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
LANDED..........
29-12-2017
meagan99 said:
dont make multiple threads/posts for same question. i would have answered but i am not going to because you didn't really feel sad for manivd. stop hijacking peoples threads. either make a new one or ask the question in some general thread.
Meagan...veeray aa gya visa..?

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
princekmasih said:
Meagan...veeray aa gya visa..?
22, 12 nu apply kita, aje kithe. i hope jaldi koi good news mile mainu.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manivd said:
Can you please suggest me what shall I do now, apply again. With a strong SOP or what ?
How can I convince VO, that I am genuine student :(
Even though I know its a red flag, thats why I have paid 1st whole years fees even CAD 500 more than on top of tuition fees.
Onething more my whole maternal family is in USA and my mother visited them in 2009, but non of them is Canadian national.

You were quite unfortunate this time...but I think you should apply again..

First of all, did you give a reason for why you did your Masters in the UK and later you choose to work in the same stream as your bachelors?
---B.Sc Biomedical Engineering, Pakistan, 4 years degree. ---> Good
---M.Sc International Business & Human Resource Managment, U.K, 1 year degree.---> Fair enough
---Currently employed and have almost two years work experience as a Biomedical Engineer.---> Give a reason. why you choose to work in Biomedical after having done with Masters in IBM.
---Unconditional Admission Letter from University of Saskatchewan into Masters Engineering - Biomedical Engineering 2 years programs with supervisor approval.--- you could make your sop convincing on why masters in Biomedical again when you already have one masters in Management.

To be really frank, I have doubts on why you would pick this course now...Having said that, there is no harm in attaining double masters. So, go ahead buddy. You must rmmbr to make a strong SOP. Make it as convincing as possible.. ;D
All that the VO needs is a convincing SOP and a decent academic background.

I am guessing, another reason could be your brothers funds. I think you have sufficient funds in your account. If I were you, I would have showed only my funds and form 16 for last 3 yrs...that shud have been sufficient.

wish you good luck.

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah Almighty wills (Insha Allah)
meagan99 said:
[first of all you said a bullshit, how did you know that I dont have any pity for him. It is not your concern about saying hijacking his thread . check the timing first, i had posted there after i made a new one ... oh your narrow-mindedness ]

ironhorse777

Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
IELTS Request
08-11-2014
File Transfer...
16-06-2014
Med's Request
03-06-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Passport Req..
13-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
Not yet.
19916 said:
[first of all you said a bull*censored word*, how did you know that I dont have any pity for him. It is not your concern about saying hijacking his thread . check the timing first, i had posted there after i made a new one ... oh your narrow-mindedness ]
Yes, but why did you have to post the same thing twice? The OP is facing some significant issues due to him getting a rejection. If you can help him in some way then post in this thread or else do not.