+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal

Mattache

Jul 16, 2022
Hi there,

My study permit was refused with the following reason:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

However, I applied with a sponsorship that showed more than 65k CAD. He did a letter explaining the reason for supporting my application and he notarized the letter and bank statements.

I applied for a two year diploma in Analytics, Big Data and Business Intelligence, the total cost for the whole program is 22k CAD. I'm 23 yo. I applied with my wife.

Hope you can help me.

Kindly,
Andres Tache

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there,

My study permit was refused with the following reason:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

However, I applied with a sponsorship that showed more than 65k CAD. He did a letter explaining the reason for supporting my application and he notarized the letter and bank statements.

Hope you can help me.

Kindly,
Andres Tache
Order GCMS notes. What program and length? How much in funds did you show? How old are you and what is relationship to sponsor? Just you applying?

Mattache

Jul 16, 2022
Order GCMS notes. What program and length? How old are you and what is relationship to sponsor? Just you applying?
Yes, I'm planning to order the GCMS notes. The program is a two year diploma in Data Analytics, BI. I'm 23 yo. My sponsor is my cousin, but he is like my older brother, my mom took care of him for a long time (we expressed that in our letters). The application was with my wife.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I'm planning to order the GCMS notes. The program is a two year diploma in Data Analytics, BI. I'm 23 yo. My sponsor is my cousin, but he is like my older brother, my mom took care of him for a long time (we expressed that in our letters). The application was with my wife.
See you have changed your original post. So total cost is $22k (assume tuition only) but this doesn’t include $13-$15k per year (more depending where you live). So total cost is around $55k and he is spending most of his savings on you. Is this a public DLI and graduate program? what is your level of education? So did you show any of your own funds? If you are 23 and married you should be showing your own funds. Your cousin is not immediate or extended family so under no obligation to pay.

Reactions: foodie69

Priya30

Jul 17, 2022
Hi,
Is there anyone who applied for study Visa through new portal. If yes, both new and gc key portal are same ?
what will be the processing time?
I applied through new portal and my series starts with S4000***.
Could any one clarify this???

Regards,
Priya

Jun 2, 2022
Hi,
Is there anyone who applied for study Visa through new portal. If yes, both new and gc key portal are same ?

Regards,
Priya
Hi, Have you applied through an RCIC? My series is the same. What was your processing time? Can you please reply with your timeline.

Elvis27

Dec 24, 2022
Hi,

Regards,
Priya
hi priya how are you doing? and happy new year .. how did you applied for a study visa through the new portal ? already did 2 times but no reply to my mail .. thank you ..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi priya how are you doing? and happy new year .. how did you applied for a study visa through the new portal ? already did 2 times but no reply to my mail .. thank you ..
What do you mean you have applied for study permit two times? So you have had two refusals?

Reactions: Elvis27

Elvis27

Dec 24, 2022
What do you mean you have applied for study permit two times? So you have had two refusals?
i don't know if its refusal , i just have not had a mail from them . to move ahead .

apart from that how do i obtain the Canadian visa . thank you priya

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i don't know if its refusal , i just have not had a mail from them . to move ahead .

apart from that how do i obtain the Canadian visa . thank you priya
If you have two study permit refusals then you would have a letter of acceptance from the school and applied online for a study permit with proof of funds, IELTs etc. Log onto your GC Key account and see the status of your application.

There are many Canadian visas— travel, work, study. Also there is immigration.