+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Refusal

adi_teaa

Apr 26, 2021
Hello everyone ! So just to give a brief background, I had applied for my study permit on 14th December 2020 for a PG Certificate course I was going to pursue in International Business Management at Seneca College starting in Jan 2021. I have previously done my BBA in International Business and Marketing and graduated in 2020 with a 7.22/10 CGPA. I have a score of 8 overall in IELTS ( 7+ in all bands). I got a refusal in March 2021 and the reasons for refusal were :
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, academic record, level of establishment, and/or your future prospects and plans.
Hence, I had deferred my admission to the Sept 2021 intake but now given the current pandemic and lockdown situation in Canada and India, I decided to withdraw completely. I have applied for the GCMS notes so that I might try again in 1 years time to apply to Canada again but any suggestions and/or inputs would be appreciated.

Thank you !

adi_teaa

Apr 26, 2021
did you mention in sop properly? everything
My agent unfortunately did not read my SOP properly and did not ask me to make any changes and I know for a fact that it was one of the main reasons for my refusal. But, I wanted to know what the second reason for refusal means too hence I decided to apply for the GCMS notes.

Charizardd

Apr 26, 2021
My agent unfortunately did not read my SOP properly and did not ask me to make any changes and I know for a fact that it was one of the main reasons for my refusal. But, I wanted to know what the second reason for refusal means too hence I decided to apply for the GCMS notes.
can you put sop here , blank your name and personal details

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone ! So just to give a brief background, I had applied for my study permit on 14th December 2020 for a PG Certificate course I was going to pursue in International Business Management at Seneca College starting in Jan 2021. I have previously done my BBA in International Business and Marketing and graduated in 2020 with a 7.22/10 CGPA. I have a score of 8 overall in IELTS ( 7+ in all bands). I got a refusal in March 2021 and the reasons for refusal were :
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, academic record, level of establishment, and/or your future prospects and plans.
Hence, I had deferred my admission to the Sept 2021 intake but now given the current pandemic and lockdown situation in Canada and India, I decided to withdraw completely. I have applied for the GCMS notes so that I might try again in 1 years time to apply to Canada again but any suggestions and/or inputs would be appreciated.

Thank you !
What do you mean by “I decided to withraw completely?” Did you re apply? Im not sure of specific suggestions or input you are looking for

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Thank you !
If you have a BBA, it doesn't make sense for you to do a PG in IBM/GBM (which are already known to be suspicious courses) since these programs are targeted toward non business students / intl. students. You should be doing a Master's in a specific subfield within Business or an MBA.

Reactions: Naturgrl

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
If you have a BBA, it doesn't make sense for you to do a PG in IBM/GBM (which are already known to be suspicious courses) since these programs are targeted toward non business students / intl. students. You should be doing a Master's in a specific subfield within Business or an MBA.
indeed global managment / IT / business courses are kinda flagged by IRCC. most of rejections come from people whoe applied for such courses secpailly diploma or certificate

MDD911201

Apr 14, 2021
"Study Permit Re-application after Refusal"
May I ask for a possible help that would contribute in responding to the embassy with in regard to my application refusal. You may have a case similar to my situation and are able to provide me with a better understanding on how to respond. I am also doing some research and involving myself to a forum to get some tips and help from other people. Please see below reasons provided by the embassy.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in canada and on your country of residence.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects on your country of residence.
I really appreciate your help and thanking you in advance.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
"Study Permit Re-application after Refusal"
May I ask for a possible help that would contribute in responding to the embassy with in regard to my application refusal. You may have a case similar to my situation and are able to provide me with a better understanding on how to respond. I am also doing some research and involving myself to a forum to get some tips and help from other people. Please see below reasons provided by the embassy.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in canada and on your country of residence.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects on your country of residence.
I really appreciate your help and thanking you in advance.
Unfortunately without detailing your situation, you wont get valuable input.. what transpired refusal? Whats your profile etc

MDD911201

Apr 14, 2021
Unfortunately without detailing your situation, you wont get valuable input.. what transpired refusal? Whats your profile etc
"I had lodged my study permit application from UAE for PSW program in Ontario. My aunt provided me an invitation letter mentioning that she will provide my accommodation and expenses during my study period in Canada. I am currently employed in UAE."

prachi167

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
"I had lodged my study permit application from UAE for PSW program in Ontario. My aunt provided me an invitation letter mentioning that she will provide my accommodation and expenses during my study period in Canada. I am currently employed in UAE."
Since you are in UAE and cant get permanent residence there so the visa officer is thinking that you are taking the route of a study permit to immigrate to Canada. Did you show any personal funds or funds from your parents? You cannot completely depend on your aunt for your living expenses.

MDD911201

Apr 14, 2021
Since you are in UAE and cant get permanent residence there so the visa officer is thinking that you are taking the route of a study permit to immigrate to Canada. Did you show any personal funds or funds from your parents? You cannot completely depend on your aunt for your living expenses.
Yes. I had showed to them my personal bank account both from my home country and uae since I will be paying my tuition fees.
Im thinking to use my home country address to all forms in the application but lodge the application in uae? Is that possible?

adi_teaa

Apr 26, 2021
What do you mean by “I decided to withraw completely?” Did you re apply? Im not sure of specific suggestions or input you are looking for
I decided to revoke my admission for the Fall 2021 course and will not be attending this year. I am unsure if I should re-apply since I am considering changing my course and profile so as to make it more suited for a specific branch of business studies.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Applying from UAE is a bad idea. They probably wont even review your file as they have these pre-assumed notions that people from middle east on temporary VISA will overstay and live on the streets. I had refusal with almost same reasons as yours. I am going to apply from my home country next.