+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT REFUSAL

Alam101

Dec 25, 2016
Hello all,
My younger brother received a study permit refusal based on the following grounds:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am able to provide a stronger purpose of visit

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
I have two brothers living in Canada so i understand their concerns but i will mention i will return back home to take care of family

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
I am just not sure what I can do here? i provided bank statements, house property of my father and savings of my tuition fees. Anything else i can add? Any help will be appreciated.

Gs98195

Jul 25, 2019
Hello all,
My younger brother received a study permit refusal based on the following grounds:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
I have two brothers living in Canada so i understand their concerns but i will mention i will return back home to take care of family

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
I am just not sure what I can do here? i provided bank statements, house property of my father and savings of my tuition fees. Anything else i can add? Any help will be appreciated.
For which course lever did you apply ??

What's your highest education?

And you applied for Undergraduate diploma or PG diploma or masters?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hello all,

You need at least the first years fee's plus 10k living expenses. Did you provide this? How are you going to provide a stronger purpose of visit and what did he say in the first place? Just saying you are coming back to take care of family is not a good reason

Alam101

Dec 25, 2016
For which course lever did you apply ??

What's your highest education?

And you applied for Undergraduate diploma or PG diploma or masters?
He completed his high school from Kuwait but he is from Bangladesh. He applied from Kuwait. He got admission for college diploma with co-op for Biotechnology

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
He completed his high school from Kuwait but he is from Bangladesh. He applied from Kuwait. He got admission for college diploma with co-op for Biotechnology
Where did he get admission. Are there prospects to get a job in his home country after this course?

Alam101

Dec 25, 2016
You need at least the first years fee's plus 10k living expenses. Did you provide this? How are you going to provide a stronger purpose of visit and what did he say in the first place? Just saying you are coming back to take care of family is not a good reason
Yes, we showed four years of tuition fees. We mentioned we looked for universities in Bangladesh but level of education is not on par, we have properties in bangladesh that my brother will take care of upon return

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If the scope is not good, he is not going to get visa. It has to lead to greater job prospects. (or seem to be leading to it)

Alam101

Dec 25, 2016
Did he mention this in his SOP?
this is what we had mentioned:
How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?

I firmly believe that after completing the advanced diploma certificate in Biotechnology from Algonquin College, I would be in a better position in terms of knowledge and experiences compared to other students from Bangladesh. This program would allow me to find work in a variety of laboratory settings, including bioresearch facilities, analytical laboratories, commercial, biotechnology goods, and services production, agricultural, government, and academic labs. The diverse areas that I can get into will also increase my employment opportunities as there will be lots of option available for me.