+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal

May 22, 2019
We had 60,000 dollars from the bank statement and I was going to study acting for theatre and television in Toronto film school .i just really dont get them

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I don't understand why you are surprised? If you can't converse in English well, how do you think you are going to do in a acting course? Are you an actor in your home country?

May 22, 2019
oh russ6970, I think u are mistaken, I am not the one with the language barrier. I am from Nigeria and English is our dominant language I am not even required to write IELTS, my issue was never language.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
oh russ6970, I think u are mistaken, I am not the one with the language barrier. I am from Nigeria and English is our dominant language I am not even required to write IELTS, my issue was never language.
Apologies, this is what happens when other people hijack thread. What is your travel history....I think i asked that already. Are you an actor in your home country?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Again, what is your travel history? Are you a professional actor in your home country? To be honest and don't take this the wrong way. Going to canada for an acting course does raise a lot of red flags.

May 22, 2019
I am just 17 and I just finished high school, I want to go to Canada for my Bachelor's degree and I want to major in theatre and film that's it.... I don't have a travel history

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Ah ok, you are a bit young. Travel a bit first to places that need a visa like Europe, UK & Schengen. Maybe get employment as well. Better to wait a couple of years until you travel and get some experience. I know you want to go now, but believe me if you wait a few years, your case will be stronger

Wajiha11

May 25, 2019
What is your travel history. this reason does not mean you have not traveled to Canada, it means you have not traveled to a country that requires a visa, like Europe, uk or Schengen.
Is the course you are applying for in line with your level of education? Does it provide a progression in your career or chosen career?
How much have you got financially and what was the proof you gave for it? You need the money for the course and 10k living expenses for the first year minimum.
Did you write an SOP?
Did you provide good to your home country?
What documents did you provide?
I have been refused for study permit last week because of insufficient funds. I showed my mother's sister account (40,000 CAD) and my joint account with another aunt (15,000 CAD). As, I have been brought up by my aunts after mother's death. Now, I want to apply next week again. should I transfer entire amount in my joint account or in separate account along with signed affidavit? is it possible to convince VO that now this amount is mine?