+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal

ziyad24k

May 30, 2018
Hey i recently got accepted to a university in Canada and i applied for my study permit but got refused. I honestly didnt expect it because i applied for my brother a few years back and he got it on his first try. He studied and came back. However for me the immigration officer stated many reasons why he refused my application. Ill copy paste the reasons here if someone could look through it and give some advice or what i should do next? is there a way to appeal? has anyone gotten it on their second try? any help would be appreciated.

"Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• No transcripts or diplomas from previous studies provided.
No employment letters for parents provided.
No detailed bank statement provided.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

It says no transcripts or diplomas were provided, it didnt even give me an option to submit those! I submitted an acceptance letter from the university itself. Could some please explain the top 3 points, IMMIGRATION STATUS, PURPOSE OF YOUR VIST, AND BASED ON YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT. I have my parents employment letter, it just didnt give me an option to submit an extra file, so i decided to just submit my bank statements, i thought that would be enough. If someone who as experienced something similar could help that would be really appreciated!