+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal unfounded, please advice :(

Madalinamaria

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Im curious with below reason, it mentions FAMILY TIE in Canada and your Romania... Do you have any family ties in Canada? if yes, how was their immigration history?

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. I have my husband and daughter remaining in the country, I have proprieties here
I have no family or friends in Canada, no family immigrated ever and I mentioned that, my parents, my husband and my 12 y old daughter will remain in home country.
Also, in the last 5 years I was traveling in 7 countries for holiday and never overstated also I have travel visa for Canada since 2018 but never visited.

that s why I simply dont get the decision!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have no family or friends in Canada, no family immigrated ever and I mentioned that, my parents, my husband and my 12 y old daughter will remain in home country.
Also, in the last 5 years I was traveling in 7 countries for holiday and never overstated also I have travel visa for Canada since 2018 but never visited.

that s why I simply dont get the decision!
As many of us have already said, the most likely reason is your choice of studies.

When someone receives this many refusal reasons, typically the main problem is what they have chosen to study in Canada.

Your choice of studies honestly doesn't make much sense in light of your years of work experience. A Master's would have been a much more logical choice that would have shown a strong progression in your studies and would have made sense based on your years of work experience.

Also, IRCC sees many people say that they are planning on coming to Canada alone while their family remains in their home country, only to have that change once the study permit is approved. Based on some of your past posts, it does seem that you planned to have your husband apply for an OWP after your study permit was approved. So my guess is that they correctly doubted your statement that your family would stay behind. I would avoid saying this in your next application if your true intent is to have your family join you later. That can cause problems in getting the SOWP approved.

Reactions: Catmom

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
As many of us have already said, the most likely reason is your choice of studies.

When someone receives this many refusal reasons, typically the main problem is what they have chosen to study in Canada.

Your choice of studies honestly doesn't make much sense in light of your years of work experience. A Master's would have been a much more logical choice that would have shown a strong progression in your studies and would have made sense based on your years of work experience.

Also, IRCC sees many people say that they are planning on coming to Canada alone while their family remains in their home country, only to have that change once the study permit is approved. Based on some of your past posts, it does seem that you planned to have your husband apply for an OWP after your study permit was approved. So my guess is that they correctly doubted your statement that your family would stay behind. I would avoid saying this in your next application if your true intent is to have your family join you later. That can cause problems in getting the SOWP approved.
And if she has active Profile under EE ( assuming that she applied Foreign Credential Evaluation-IQAS-ECA and set up EE account ) then that is indication that she will not return home as she was pursuing Permanent Residence under Economic Stream. I totally agree choice of the program though its strange VO didn't mention that on the refusal letter, then I suppose it is EE. I see her other posts about ECA, not sure if she set up an account.;

Reactions: scylla

Madalinamaria

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020

Intention and exploring possibilities is one thing and reality is another. They judged my application not me exploring possibilities on forums and my application was strong, this is the subject here.

I will see in my notes if the program choice is the problem, in my opinion I needed to learn some practical skills not that I needed higher education . Also it is the matter of achieving an international degree, I don’t know if I want to settle in Canada forever but of course I want the experience there, is not what we all here fight for?

no, I did not apply for express entry, I asked here for equivalency of my studies for entering in accounting bodies in Canada once I was suposed to folow this program

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Intention and exploring possibilities is one thing and reality is another. They judged my application not me exploring possibilities on forums and my application was strong, this is the subject here.

I will see in my notes if the program choice is the problem, in my opinion I needed to learn some practical skills not that I needed higher education . Also it is the matter of achieving an international degree, I don’t know if I want to settle in Canada forever but of course I want the experience there, is not what we all here fight for?

no, I did not apply for express entry, I asked here for equivalency of my studies for entering in accounting bodies in Canada once I was supposed to folow this program
I don't get why people who apply for PGD say they did it for practical skills. What practical skills in Accounting will you get from a private college that you won't get better from studying a Master's degree at the university? PGD is a lower degree than a Masters, and has lesser academic requirements compared to a Master's degree which is why most people who can't cut in for Master's opt it. It makes no sense if you have the credentials (and funds of course) for a Masters to go for PG diploma or certificate for "practical skills". VOs are very aware of this.

Given that you already have 10 years experience, going for a PGD is a regression. That was the bane of your application IMO.

Madalinamaria

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
In my country a Master is more theoretical than a pgd, that’s why I choose it...but maybe it’s a false assumption from my side that is the same in Canada. Probably it is the same way in many countries ....

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
These days there are thesis based and course based master's
unless u are going for professional program that focuses in practical skills. ex: smith, game design, filmmaking, ai. those courses are not usually offered in degree or master's so usually they are diplomas in specific schools like technical schools or film schools

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
In my country a Master is more theoretical than a pgd, that’s why I choose it...but maybe it’s a false assumption from my side that is the same in Canada. Probably it is the same way in many countries ....
Yes that is the case for some lab-based courses. That's why I asked you about the specific practical skills in Accounting? Perhaps intenrship/co-op but that's also available at Master's level, perhaps even more competitive placements.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
I don't get why people who apply for PGD say they did it for practical skills. What practical skills in Accounting will you get from a private college that you won't get better from studying a Master's degree at the university? PGD is a lower degree than a Masters, and has lesser academic requirements compared to a Master's degree which is why most people who can't cut in for Master's opt it. It makes no sense if you have the credentials (and funds of course) for a Masters to go for PG diploma or certificate for "practical skills". VOs are very aware of this.

Given that you already have 10 years experience, going for a PGD is a regression. That was the bane of your application IMO.
Hi,

Please. That's not the truth. I have 15 years work experience and study gap.

I enroled for PG Diploma and I got my visa approved.

yes, my chosen course was in alignment with my past study and work experience.

So, for the lovely lady from Romania, I would suggest you to read gsms notes and please write a VERY STRONG SOP.

Wish you best.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
You are right , but is not fair as I put some efforts to add all sustaining documents, reccomandation letters , property docs, translations , bank letters and all should go just fine as I have all reasons for refusal covered...
also, I see reasonably to have the notes directly in application, as I paid a tax for someone work, I want to check without waiting 1 month.
I was rejected as well & the reason they gave clearly prove they don't check files properly. Filing a complaint or contesting it requires at least CAD 5K in lawyer fees and proceedings can take months to come to conclusion. They take advantage of this fact as they know no one has the time & money like them to waste. Sorry to say but we need this more than them so have to work on making the file 'look' good right from start so leave no stone unturned. Serve them info on platter (proper tables, formats, key statement highlighted in bold, etc).

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
I was rejected as well & the reason they gave clearly prove they don't check files properly. Filing a complaint or contesting it requires at least CAD 5K in lawyer fees and proceedings can take months to come to conclusion. They take advantage of this fact as they know no one has the time & money like them to waste. Sorry to say but we need this more than them so have to work on making the file 'look' good right from start so leave no stone unturned. Serve them info on platter (proper tables, formats, key statement highlighted in bold, etc).
according to them. your first impression is very important. that will give them the first feeling and assumption about your application. from that feeling they will check ur documents or just skim through them. what i mean by impression is profile ( age / choice of program / past education / current employment ) from there the vo will have already an established feeling or assumption of what the visa application might be. if they had bad feeling then see 125 documents. they wont open all of them they will just skim required documents and make decision. this is why it is not important to include many documents like ( pay slips / proof of assets / 5 pages sop / 5 documents shows ties to home / etc ... )

Last edited:
Reactions: wonderbly

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
according to them. your first impression is very importing. that will give them the first feeling and assumption about your application. from that feeling they will check ur documents or just skim through them. what i mean by impression is profile ( age / choice of program / past education / current employment ) from there the vo will have already an established feeling or assumption of what the visa application might be. if they had bad feeling then see 125 documents. they wont open all of them they will just skim required documents and make decision. this is why it is not important to include many documents like ( pay slips / proof of assets / 5 pages sop / 5 documents shows ties to home / etc ... )
This is true. But their job is to fairly analyze facts and not ride on emotions. I get it they always complain how COVID has impacted them and how they are the only ones in entire world who cant manage their job. If that is the case then just shut it off until they feel like working again. Why waste candidates time and make them go through hell for this.

Reactions: Madalinamaria