3 months of short term project in the USA - sales again
1 years of digital media planning

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1 years in sales
3 months of short term project in the USA - sales again
1 years of digital media planning
There is likely going to be concerns on how the degree is going to lead to career advancement. It is hard to guess whether it will be an issue. It is a bit of luck.

Reactions: Bbecks

Jain22

Feb 12, 2020
There is likely going to be concerns on how the degree is going to lead to career advancement. It is hard to guess whether it will be an issue. It is a bit of luck.
You think changing the course will help a little? Because my earlier course was a little similar to my pg diploma. And if no then what should I do to make them believe that I am a bonafide student?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You think changing the course will help a little? Because my earlier course was a little similar to my pg diploma. And if no then what should I do to make them believe that I am a bonafide student?
Very hard to say. Your degrees are also similar to the PG course as well and i5 is just a PG not an MBA.

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
Hi, I wanted to understand a couple of things about Canada student visa. My visa got rejected twice. 1st refusal said that they feel I will not return to my home country at the end of the stay and the 2nd refusal said that they think I’m not a bonafide student.
Later, I applied for caips and it said the same thing that I’m not a bonafide student. Caips was not helpful at all. Can someone just help me understand how to prove that I’m a genuine student now after 2nd refusal.
Did you apply paper application or applied online through SDS?
My wifey had received refusal with not a bonafide student comments. We requested for CAIPS note and got few additional comments that VO had added (Please refer my previous replies on the same thread). However we made slight changes to the SOP and in addition to that also provided a letter of explanation with our second application and it got approved

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
BCom- 51%
PG diploma in advertising, marketing and communications - 72%
Ielts-6.5, no less than 6
Work experience-2.5 years
Applied for advanced communications course at Fanshawe college.
caips said that no new information given in this application but they didn’t mention my 1st refusal explanation.
This time I’m applying for a different course- Graduate certificate in Business management with the same financial documents.
My suggestion would be not to make changes to the course. Please note that VO will have access to all previous application details.
Again you are applying for a graduate certificate which doesn't show progression in your education since you already have a PG Diploma.
If you are planning to go with a new course and then go for a Master degree rather than applying for a Graduate certificate.
Since the exact reasons are not provided in the CAIPS note I am not sure how can a letter of explanation help in your case.

Jain22

Feb 12, 2020
Did you apply paper application or applied online through SDS?
My wifey had received refusal with not a bonafide student comments. We requested for CAIPS note and got few additional comments that VO had added (Please refer my previous replies on the same thread). However we made slight changes to the SOP and in addition to that also provided a letter of explanation with our second application and it got approved
My caips says-
Application reviewed. Previous refusals noted. Letter on acceptance on file. Educational background noted. Previous concern noted and remain. Does not appear to be any new or different information. Overall I’m not satisfied that the applicant is a bonafide student.
Can anyone explain me this in detail? It’s so confusing.

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
My caips says-
Application reviewed. Previous refusals noted. Letter on acceptance on file. Educational background noted. Previous concern noted and remain. Does not appear to be any new or different information. Overall I’m not satisfied that the applicant is a bonafide student.
Can anyone explain me this in detail? It’s so confusing.
The term bonafide refers to genuine intentions. So when they refer "not a bonafide student" the VO is trying to say that from your application and supporting documentation he is not convinced that your genuine intention is education rather more like immigrating to Canada. This is what we were told when we spoke to few attorneys. However in our case the CAIPS note had some additional comments as below

So this is what we got in CAIPS file

“Application reviewed. Married female has spend last 2 years in USA with her husband. He is still there. Letter of acceptance on the file to do management studies at cape Breton university. Overall, I am not satisfied on balance that the applicant is a Bonafide intending student in Canada. Application refused“

Jain22

Feb 12, 2020
The term bonafide refers to genuine intentions. So when they refer "not a bonafide student" the VO is trying to say that from your application and supporting documentation he is not convinced that your genuine intention is education rather more like immigrating to Canada. This is what we were told when we spoke to few attorneys. However in our case the CAIPS note had some additional comments as below

So this is what we got in CAIPS file

“Application reviewed. Married female has spend last 2 years in USA with her husband. He is still there. Letter of acceptance on the file to do management studies at cape Breton university. Overall, I am not satisfied on balance that the applicant is a Bonafide intending student in Canada. Application refused“
So what did you do to make them believe about being a genuine student and what should I do next in my new application?
please help

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
Hey, I was also refused visa although I paid the entire course fee and GIC as well. The reason for refusal mentioned was "Not satisfied that applicant is a bona fide intending student.

Please help me know what should be the next steps.

I've applied for a PG diploma course and have a letter of acceptance from Conestoga College for the Jan 2020 intake.

I have 4 years of work experience and have chose the course relevant to my work, not sure why the visa was rejected.
Can you share the details regarding your education back ground, your work experience and the course that you applied for.

Bbecks

Jan 10, 2019
So what did you do to make them believe about being a genuine student and what should I do next in my new application?
please help
We modified the SoP slightly. We didn't change the course, added points to show how the course is relevant to her prior work experience.
In addition to this we added a Letter of Explanation, providing justifications for the points mentioned in the CAIPS note