+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refusal due to Purpose of Visit

ABMhatre

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Wow hearty congratulations to you!! What was mentioned in the GCMS notes as the cause of refusal? Mine stated a mismatch in the course applied for vs my past education. Any inputs on how I can fix this would be most appreciated :)
Unfortunately I never received my GCMS report.. My friend in Canada had applied on my behalf but they never sent it.. As I did not have time left to apply for it again and was confident that my profile was good and I should get the approval, I went ahead with applying for study permit..
I would say that make sure you are linking your work experience with the course you have selected and it would help if you could provide any documentation on how it would help your career. In my case I had attached letter of reference from my Manager on how my course would have help me take up more responsibility and would help my company who had agreed to rehire me after the completion of my studies..
Hope this helps..

EmA123

Nov 28, 2020
I am pleased to let all of you here know that my second application(without any changes made to the file or SOP) was approved and I submitted my passport for stamping yesterday.
As I have posted above I don’t feel they read my SOP the first time. All I did in the 2nd application was appended a Letter of Explanation highlighting the points in my SOP and ending with a statement that I satisfy all the requirements that should warrant a study permit..
Thank you all for your help..
Hello and congrulations
Can you please tell me what did you write to the letter of explanation highlights?!
It can help me very much.

ABMhatre

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hello and congrulations
Can you please tell me what did you write to the letter of explanation highlights?!
It can help me very much.
I did not include anything additional in my Letter of explanation. Just highlighted the points from my SOP..

akansha.1111

Nov 16, 2019
Hello All,

With a heavy heart I am starting this thread to inform about my study permit refusal with only a single reason mentioned, ‘I am not satisfied that you would leave Canada due to ‘Purpose of visit’.

My timeline:

Applied: 27th May(SDS online-India) Biometrics pending
Medical and Eligibility review started: 16th July
Refusal(Correspondence letter): 27th August

Profile:
10th - 90%(2008)
12th - 89%(2010)
Bachelor of Engineering(Biomedical): 73% (No backlogs)(2014)

Work Experience:
After that I started working immediately in an IT MNC Capgemini Technology Services in their medical domain as a Quality Analyst, testing medical software’s.
Capgemini(2014-2018)

Due to my experience in QA I was offered a Lead Quality Analyst job in a AgriTech company CS4 Robotics where I have been working since.
CS4 (2018-present)

College: Fanshawe college(Ontario)
Course: 1 yr IT Business Analysis(Co-op)(PG Ontario Graduate Certificate)

I chose the above course because my career would have stagnated after achieving the Lead QA role and furthering my studies in Business Analysis would allow me to become a complete IT strategist and take up roles in Product/Project Management in the future. (I wanted to select a course where I would actually learn something than a generic project management course that most people take)

IELTS: 8.5 (L/R/W/S - 9/9/7.5/7.5)

I am confident that I had written a very good SOP explaining my progression of studies as well as how that led to my jobs and how future studies in Business Analysis in Canada would support my career. I had attached all my payslips, Tax Returns and experience/reference letters from employers and also a letter from my current employer approving a leave of absence for my studies and having a job offer for me on my return back to India.

I am aware that there were a couple of weak points in my application due to my 6 years gap(which was completely covered by employment) and the proposed course being different to my Bachelors. But the progression of studies/career makes complete sense as I started working in medical domain of an IT company.
Another issue could be that I had a couple of US work/business visa refusals which is common if you are working in an IT MNC in India.

I find it difficult to swallow that in a time when people with extremely weak profiles(over 10 yrs gap, unrelated course, IELTS -5.5) are getting their AIP/approvals and my application was refused in spite of providing legitimate reasons and documents.

I’m thinking of reapplying before 15th September and any suggestions you guys can provide to overcome purpose of visit refusal would be most welcome..
It hasn’t been a good month considering the anxiety of the decision and then finally being refused but I am holding strong..

P.S - It seems like the decision was made in 16th July itself as the gckey account says 16 July eligibility refusal, but I was informed on 27th August a full 1 and half month later.

Also I had pre-emptively applied for GCMS notes on 14th August and waiting for it.
Hello,
I have a software engineering background and I had applied for the IT Business analysis course as well.
I was refused with the reasons:
1) Proposed studies not reasonable in light of previous education
2) Purpose of visit

I would request you to kindly let me know how did you link your technical background to the IT business Analysis course ?
I am sure this is the right course for me since I have always been inclined towards the analytical side of software engineering, more than the coding side.
Thanks

obed08

Mar 12, 2021
Hello my name is Obed and I wanted to ask if it is possible for me to gain a student visa with no English proficiency test and on what probability do I stand on getting my visa...There's this school that I want to get in because most international student choose schools in a higher places like Toronto Ontario and the rest but i choose to go to school in New Foundland which is MUN Memorial University of New Foundland

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello my name is Obed and I wanted to ask if it is possible for me to gain a student visa with no English proficiency test and on what probability do I stand on getting my visa...There's this school that I want to get in because most international student choose schools in a higher places like Toronto Ontario and the rest but i choose to go to school in New Foundland which is MUN Memorial University of New Foundland
If you meet the requirements yes it is possible

colemanjr2020

Apr 14, 2021
My visa was refuse yesterday base on thess grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

colemanjr2020

Apr 14, 2021
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Well you got every reason for a refusal given to you so they don’t believe you are a genuine student. Order GCMS notes (google it). What is your profile. Assume you don’t live in your home country, you don’t have enoough personal funds, no prospects for job in home country or country of residence, and you don’t have a job or are underemployed

colemanjr2020

Apr 14, 2021
Thank
Well you got every reason for a refusal given to you so they don’t believe you are a genuine student. Order GCMS notes (google it). What is your profile. Assume you don’t live in your home country, you don’t have enoough personal funds, no prospects for job in home country or country of residence, and you don’t have a job or are underemployed
Thanks a lot.

colemanjr2020

Apr 14, 2021
[/QUOTE)
I need a simple letter of appeal that explain the reason the reasons above.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I need a simple letter of appeal that explain the reason the reasons above.
What appeal? If you want to appeal hire a Canadian lawyer for a judicial review. Or you order GCMS notes and get the full reasons for the refusal. Then apply for another study permit. Again, no one can help you since you will not tell the forum your full profile. All the best.