+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Reapplication Processing Timeline

rak0108

Aug 12, 2019
Hi,

I'm from India. I had applied for my Canadian Study Permit by a paper application via VFS under the non SDS category on 10th June.
Unfortunately, on 19th July (after 39 days), I was informed that my Visa had been rejected under the following reasons -

" I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• Having reviewed overall financial documentation provided in support of your application, I
am not satisfied that you have sufficient financial resources to finance the cost of your studies in
Canada. Application refused under R216(1).
"​

Having addressed these concerns, I submitted my reapplication on 29th July, this time via an online submission.

However, till date i.e. 12th August, my application is shown as being processed every time I check my acccount on the IRCC portal.

My course starts from 1st week of September and I'm extremely concerned that the final decision regarding my reapplication might not reach me on time.
  • My biometric test is already done from my previous application along with my medical. This should ideally save me some time right?
  • I have already received my CAQ permit
Would love to hear all of your valuable feedback/suggestions on the approximate timeline for the processing of a Study Permit reapplication.