+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit re-entry after 1 year

descan2011dr

Feb 16, 2011
Hello all,

I entered Canada in 2010 July with valid study permit and multiple entry visa (TRV). I was supposed to join Master's program at an University in Ontario. I had full scholarship. But before University started, I had to return back to India (country of citizenship) because of family issues. I never attended University in Canada and came back just like that.

Now I am going to go to Canada this fall (2011) after almost 1 year. I will be attending another University for Master's program.

My question:

Can I go back with same study permit and multiple entry visa (or)

Do I have to apply for new study permit and visa?

Please note my original study permit and visa are valid till 2012 December.

thanks for all your help.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
The smart thing to do would be a fresh application with which you have one big advantage you left Canada because of family issues which shows that you lack immigration intent and have strong family ties.

If you attempt to re-enter Canada you could face problems at the port of entry.

I shoot from the hip.

panasonic

May 8, 2012
descan2011dr said:
Hello all,

I entered Canada in 2010 July with valid study permit and multiple entry visa (TRV). I was supposed to join Master's program at an University in Ontario. I had full scholarship. But before University started, I had to return back to India (country of citizenship) because of family issues. I never attended University in Canada and came back just like that.

Now I am going to go to Canada this fall (2011) after almost 1 year. I will be attending another University for Master's program.

My question:

Can I go back with same study permit and multiple entry visa (or)

Do I have to apply for new study permit and visa?

Please note my original study permit and visa are valid till 2012 December.

thanks for all your help.
Dear member My question is as similar as was your's few months before I wanted to know what happened next? did you enter on the same visas and study permit? Please read my case, your help is needed please reply.

I was admitted in fall semester 2012 but there had been some tragedy happened with my admission. After getting the study permit and arriving in Canada when I reported to my university, they told me that I have received my Final Acceptance letter in error and that my educational documents are not eligible to continue my studies in the desired programme which was of two years only. They asked me to take admission in 4 years programme which at that point I accepted happily, but after two months I realised that I am not able to arrange funds for 4 years international fees and then I asked university management to return my complete fall semester 2012 fee. Because in these two months I had passed all dead lines for asking the fee refund, it took me more 1 month to convince University people to refund my complete semester fee which at last they did.... because since the beginning of my case it was only their fault to issue me the wrong Final Acceptance letter. But one of the international admissions officer of my university told me that now they will inform immigration department that we have returned this student's fee and she is leaving country in same month.
I left Canada in November 26th and came back to my home country successfully.
Q:1:My question is now if I have the acceptance letter in hand of the different university or college of different province .... and I want to travel back to Canada to continue my studies in any Post secondary programm in summer intake....will there be any complications for me to re-enter in Canada.. though my both entry visa sticker and study permit are valid till August 2013....I am confused that once the immigration department receive the information from my university that they have refunded my fee...what will be the status of my visa in their system right now.... I am scared to travel to Canada that what will happen at the airport ? though I have all documents to proof that I did not over stayed in Canada when I was Idol...I was missing my family that's why I visited them and the admission mistake was not my mistake...
Q:2:I have heard that immigration people sitting at the port of entry or airports....use to update their data on international student's visa's status on the behalf of the information provided by the student's universities...is that true..?
Please suggest..

ValientNine

Jan 28, 2013
Panasonic: Seriously dude, you need to CALM THE FK down! Another Post?How many have you make : This is the first one. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/will-be-any-difficulty-reenter-canada-have-received-full-fee-refund-frm-uni-t133065.0.html

APPLY FOR A NEW PERMIT FOR THE NEW COLLEGE AND USE THE COVER LETTER TO EXPLAIN. THE FACT THAT YOU LEFT CANADA IS A GOOD POINT AND WILL BE USED FOR YOUR SIDE RATHER THAN AGAINST!