+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Questions

photon23

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

I'm currently working on my Bachelors degree and am considering doing a Masters degree after I graduate. However, my study permit will expire once I'm done my Bachelors. So my question is this: Would I need to apply for a new study permit for my Masters degree? Or would I simply be able to extend my current one? Or is there a different process altogether?

Also a side question: Is there a limit to how many times I can renew my study permit?

Thanks!

photon23

Jul 29, 2019
would be better to explain why you wish to study immediately after graduation. vo are known to question this.

anyway i think you have to apply for a new one but im not very sure. when does your passport expire?
A masters degree would help me with employment prospects. I'll also probably get refused a PGWP if I apply for it because I wasn't full-time for a few semesters.

My passport is valid for another 7 years.

photon23

Jul 29, 2019
i meant study permit

generally unless you have broken the rules a pgwp will be granted so long as you meet the minimum requirements unlike a study permit where the interpretation of the rules is more open and up to the visa official
I'm sorry, I don't understand. Could you clarify what you mean?