+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (Proof of funds)- Can I show my brother investment certificates as a financial support?

qasimtaqi

Feb 2, 2020
Hi there,
I'm from Pakistan, but I live in Bahrain so that I've learnt that I've to apply for the regular study permit to study in Canada. My brother who lives in Pakistan is my sponsor for my tuition and all my living and travel expenses. Would you please mind answering the following questions;

1. My brother's bank account is in the form of short term investment certificates, maturating within one year, but can be en-cashed earlier, if required. Can I show these investment certificates as a financial support?
2. Would it be suffice for the purpose of study permit?

Many thanks for your time.

MeherHamza

Sep 20, 2021
Hi Iam pakistani but recently iam living in bahrain as dependent iam studying in university of Bahrain bsc accounting and this is my last year Iam planining to study in canada at red river college pg diploma after complete my study
Can anyone help me
What decuments i need to apply for study permit ?
I searched and found that
I need acceptence letter
, proof of funds
, passport
, and fill some forms

But Iam not sure what kind of proof of funds i want to show
Iam planning to open gic account but not sure can i open gic as resident of bahrain

Please anyone can help me with right decuments i need to show with detail

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Hi Iam pakistani but recently iam living in bahrain as dependent iam studying in university of Bahrain bsc accounting and this is my last year Iam planining to study in canada at red river college pg diploma after complete my study
Can anyone help me
What decuments i need to apply for study permit ?
I searched and found that
I need acceptence letter
, proof of funds
, passport
, and fill some forms

But Iam not sure what kind of proof of funds i want to show
Iam planning to open gic account but not sure can i open gic as resident of bahrain

Please anyone can help me with right decuments i need to show with detail
You need to show you have funds in your bank account.