+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit process

sushmita

Apr 28, 2016
Can someone give me step wise procedure for study permit and documents needed? . I am accepted in NAIT. so I will be applying under spp from India . I have already done medical and have applied for GIC account.

Does anyone knows how long scotiabank takes to open account. It says few minutes on website but its already 3 days to when I applied.
Also please let me know how much tuition fees I have to pay. I mean for one term or for one year?

please tell me stepwise procedure as I am so much confused by reading on different sites.

And should I apply online or on paper? As I dont have much time what is your suggestion?

Thank you

Twinkle27

Jan 11, 2016
Hi Sushmita,

Welcome to the club 8)

As far as GIC money goes, I'd suggest going for ICICI bank Canada. They are surprisingly efficient and fast. Their process is also very simply broken down and available online. It took me 5 days to get the GIC certificate (please note timelines may vary based on the number of applications)

To confirm your seat you would have paid 1st sem fees, even if you don't pay your remaining fees, you need to show proof of funds via loan or money in your or your parents account for the visa application. CIC has all details listed and the visa application is fairly simple. You need to follow instructions one page after another. Just ensure if you are applying online, you have soft copies of the below documents:
1. Passport pages (Main first and last pages and all other non-blank pages)
2. Letter of acceptance/offer letter from a designated learning institution
3. Proof of funds (including official receipt from college if any). GIC is mandatory for students applying under the SPP category. Multiple payment files can be combined as one.
4. Passport size pic based on visa specifications
5. IELTS scorecard (might be required)
6. Support letter in case co-op or internship is part of your course
7. Medical e-sheet (medical examination must be taken by the designated doctor in a cic designated hospital from your city, at least a week in advance)

Let me know if you need any other details.

Cheers!!!

sushmita

Apr 28, 2016
Thank you Twinkle.

is there any different checklist and process for spp ?
And if I apply online do they have different application and forms for spp??

As Far as I have searched checklist for spp (Paper based) is as follows

1) original passport and photocopy of biodata page
2) study permit questionnaire
3) photographs
4) marksheets
5) IELTS results
6) letter of acceptance
7) tuition payment reciept
8) GIC
9) education loan
10) e- medical receipt
11) family information form

Let me know if something is missing.

Also note that I went on student visa in 2014 but returned back due to some personal reason. Then for gic refund I cancelled my visa. So am I eligible for spp. I went to university of alberta which is not under spp. and my visa was not refused. I cancelled it later.

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Can someone give me step wise procedure for study permit and documents needed? . I am accepted in NAIT. so I will be applying under spp from India . I have already done medical and have applied for GIC account.

Does anyone knows how long scotiabank takes to open account. It says few minutes on website but its already 3 days to when I applied.
Also please let me know how much tuition fees I have to pay. I mean for one term or for one year?

please tell me stepwise procedure as I am so much confused by reading on different sites.

And should I apply online or on paper? As I dont have much time what is your suggestion?

Thank you
Hi .. have you got your study permit approved? Did you apply online and where did you uploaded your sop ( statement of purpose)