+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Portal - New ?

sandhu_bs

Dec 5, 2016
Hi guys,
Is there a new study portal that the usual gckey one?
I talked with one of the immigration consultant and he told its same as new Visitor portal and files are faster there!

Is this true?

Is it advisable to apply from there?

Have anyone applied from the New Portal ?

P.s- I already have my file pending from November 12, 2021 SDS using gckey account.

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Hi guys,
I talked with one of the immigration consultant and he told its same as new Visitor portal and files are faster there!

Is this true?

P.s- I already have my file pending from November 12, 2021 SDS using gckey account.
There are 2 for study permit I think not sure tho
One is IRCC representative portal where you need to be a lawyer or an RCIC agent to representative you they are on your behalf.
Two is the gckey where you are presenting your file by yourself.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi guys,

Is this true?

The new portal (as far as I know) is only for Permanent Residence applications, not for Study Permit applications. It is true immigration consultants can login directly and apply for you but I don't believe they do it on a separate portal. I believe it's the same portal.

For study permits, there is only one portal. Haven't heard anything different.

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
The new portal (as far as I know) is only for Permanent Residence applications, not for Study Permit applications. It is true immigration consultants can login directly and apply for you but I don't believe they do it on a separate portal. I believe it's the same portal.

For study permits, there is only one portal. Haven't heard anything different.
There are two
One gckey account portal
One IRCC representative portal

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
There are two
One gckey account portal
Then there is only 1 portal for the applicant. one for the rep is to view status of the application and or send additional documentation if and when requested..

Hehee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022
Then there is only 1 portal for the applicant. one for the rep is to view status of the application and or send additional documentation if and when requested..
Nope they can also make your application on your behalf it’s their own portal which they only have acces to. They send you what they get approved or rejected etc. but you can’t log in. I am pretty sure there is.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: Hehee

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Based on the original question, unless you are an immigration consultant, there is only one portal. You can only submit your application online yourself through that portal or through a licensed immigration consultant (I don't know if they have another portal to apply on your behalf).

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Based on the original question, unless you are an immigration consultant, there is only one portal. You can only submit your application online yourself through that portal or through a licensed immigration consultant (I don't know if they have another portal to apply on your behalf).
yes there is another portal whereas paid and authorized rep can apply on your behalf

Soufiane23

Mar 27, 2022
I am also about to file my application under new IRCC portal..
its open for self-representative applicants too.. however, i also wonder whether i should go with new one or GCkey. Too many refusals due to artificial intelligence unfortunately, and the new one seems ta have it incorporated massively.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
People who are saying "there's only 1 portal" are not keeping themselves up-to-date. There are two portals:
  1. GCkey Portal
  2. New Portal
You can get an invite code for the new portal here.

I am also about to file my application under new IRCC portal..
its open for self-representative applicants too.. however, i also wonder whether i should go with new one or GCkey. Too many refusals due to artificial intelligence unfortunately, and the new one seems ta have it incorporated massively.
Depends on your profile. AI isn't always bad. If your profile's good (esp. previous travel history) then I'd say apply with the new one. Honestly I think AI will be great for those with good profiles. Over time I've heard and seen of way too many good profiles being rejected arbitrarily by visa officers.

yes there is another portal whereas paid and authorized rep can apply on your behalf
See above

See above
There are two
One gckey account portal
See above

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
People who are saying "there's only 1 portal" are not keeping themselves up-to-date. There are two portals:
  1. GCkey Portal
  2. New Portal
You can get an invite code for the new portal here.

Depends on your profile. AI isn't always bad. If your profile's good (esp. previous travel history) then I'd say apply with the new one. Honestly I think AI will be great for those with good profiles. Over time I've heard and seen of way too many good profiles being rejected arbitrarily by visa officers.

See above

See above

See above
Thank's for the information! I believed the NEW PORTAL was only for permanent residence applications, not for study permits.