+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit - Parent Accompanying

nk006

Jun 10, 2019
Hi! I have recently submitted my visa (24th May 2019) for a study permit to study at the undergraduate level. My visa is still under process. My question is, if at this point, my father wishes to accompany me to Canada, only for a couple of days to help me settle, is that possible? If so, what would be the process?
Also, would it affect my application even if his is submitted separately as a TRV?
Any help will be appreciated!!

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Hi! I have recently submitted my visa (24th May 2019) for a study permit to study at the undergraduate level. My visa is still under process. My question is, if at this point, my father wishes to accompany me to Canada, only for a couple of days to help me settle, is that possible? If so, what would be the process?
Also, would it affect my application even if his is submitted separately as a TRV?
Any help will be appreciated!!
My mother applied for a TRV the same time as I have applied for my study permit and a TRV. Neither of us had any problems. She also came with me to Canada before I started my studies to help me settle. Good luck!

nk006

Jun 10, 2019
My mother applied for a TRV the same time as I have applied for my study permit and a TRV. Neither of us had any problems. She also came with me to Canada before I started my studies to help me settle. Good luck!
Oh, that's great to hear! What did she put as her purpose of visit? Because I don't have status in Canada yet to I cannot write visiting family or anything

aa1225mh

Dec 21, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am a minor international student intending to apply for a study permit. I have already created an online account in order to obtain a study permit. I am required to submit proof of means of financial support. As such, I would like to know who must provide requested financial support documents me or my father?
Furthermore, I would like to know whether I am allowed to apply for a visitor visa for my parents along with my application for a study permit?
I would be thankful if you could answer my questions.
Best regards,
Ali

nk006

Jun 10, 2019
Hello everyone,
I am a minor international student intending to apply for a study permit. I have already created an online account in order to obtain a study permit. I am required to submit proof of means of financial support. As such, I would like to know who must provide requested financial support documents me or my father?
Furthermore, I would like to know whether I am allowed to apply for a visitor visa for my parents along with my application for a study permit?
I would be thankful if you could answer my questions.
Best regards,
Ali
Hi, for financial proof, you have to show documents of whoever is paying for your academic and other expenses. If it is your father, then you show his accounts, a letter of him confirming that is willing to pay and other required documents. If it is yourself, then you do the same with your accounts and include a letter explaining that you are paying.
As for visitor visa, I'm sure it's fine if they apply. I'm still working on that for my father so I can't advise you on that

nk006

Jun 10, 2019
Also, in my study permit application, in the family form, I ticked no for my father accompanying me as it was not a plan before. Now my father wishes to come along. Is that going to cause a problem when I apply? Should i inform cic?

PriyankaPratik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hey, what did you select the purpose of travel?
As i have received my study permit and now want to apply for TRV for my mother.
If i select the purpose as - visiting family/friends, it requires an invitation letter. Can i write an invitation letter as i want my mother to accompany me during my travel to Canada.

em_123

Apr 26, 2021
Hey, what did you select the purpose of travel?
As i have received my study permit and now want to apply for TRV for my mother.
If i select the purpose as - visiting family/friends, it requires an invitation letter. Can i write an invitation letter as i want my mother to accompany me during my travel to Canada.
Hi, did you figure out what to mention on the main purpose of visit? could you also let me know what you mentioned the letter of purpose,
im in a similar situation haha

Thankyouuu