+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

Austin_williams

Sep 18, 2020
Congratulations to those of you who got your OPR. I hope the people who are still waiting for them will get them soon.

Just a friendly tip on sending your passport from the U.S. Now, you have to e-mail VFS Global to buy the two way envelopes. Refer to this link for more information https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/how_to_apply.html Click on the "submit passport and other documents" tab for further instruction.

If you don't want to use money order, you can state in your email to VFS that you would like to pay for the package transmission fee online. They will send you a link for you to pay. For me, it took them 2 days to respond to my request to buy the envelope and another two days to send me the labels via email. It probably will still take a day or two for my passport to actually reach the Canadian consulate general. Therefore, I recommend contacting VFS to buy the envelope as soon as you get your OPR to avoid any delays. We have been waiting for a long time.

I just sent out my passport today. I will keep you updated on how it goes. Good luck to you all.
Hi, I have a question for you. So once you send VFS email about issuing you a FedEx labels they send you link to pay. So will they just send you on the shipping labels on your email for both ways? Not the envelops right? So we just go to fedex with the oriented labels and stick on the envelops and mail it to them?
If you could clear this doubt that would be highly appreciated. No envelops just the labels emailed to you?

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hello guys, this is weird. I received a notification from them stating that they need an updated LOA, but the thing is, I'm already enrolled in the Fall Semester so I'm not sure why they need it. I didn't defer my studies either.
I also got this message on Monday and I have applied from the US, I did not defer and I started my program in the fall semester , however I asked my school and I got an enrollment verification letter which I have submitted

Reactions: Hani.soltani

srisu

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hello, guys, after biometrics correspondence letter, final decision is received within a couple of days.
I received biometrics correspondence on Oct 30. Final decision/PPR is still pending.

Is this normal ?

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I also got this message on Monday and I have applied from the US, I did not defer and I started my program in the fall semester , however I asked my school and I got an enrollment verification letter which I have submitted
Okay I see, did you submit through your GcKey account?

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hello, guys, after biometrics correspondence letter, final decision is received within a couple of days.
I received biometrics correspondence on Oct 30. Final decision/PPR is still pending.

Is this normal ?
I'm in the same situation as you. I received biometrics correspondence on July 21 (1 day after I was done biometrics). Still waiting... :oops::rolleyes:

Reactions: srisu and nmp98

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hi, I have a question for you. So once you send VFS email about issuing you a FedEx labels they send you link to pay. So will they just send you on the shipping labels on your email for both ways? Not the envelops right? So we just go to fedex with the oriented labels and stick on the envelops and mail it to them?
If you could clear this doubt that would be highly appreciated. No envelops just the labels emailed to you?
I received my OPR just an hour ago! Did you attach your passport request letter or anything else with the email to VFS? I see the website says we need to attach some kind of excel table with our details in it.

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hello Austin,

VFS will not mail you anything. After you make your payment and confirm the payment according to their instruction, they will email you the labels along with a list of documents that you have to include in the package. You will get the FedEx envelopes from a FedEx location.

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
I received my OPR just an hour ago! Did you attach your passport request letter or anything else with the email to VFS? I see the website says we need to attach some kind of excel table with our details in it.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Reactions: nmp98