+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Hi everyone, I just got my OPR today! Long long time and it's finally here! I do have a question regarding, do I send my passport to any office of my choice or do Is there a specified office I should send it to? Thanks!
Congratulations!! May I ask you received BVL and PPR letter at the same time today?

mrdoder

Aug 26, 2020
Hello. Finally something happening to my application. I have just received my BVL. I was sent today an email to check the message in my GC account.

My profile:

Applied from USA
Submission: June 20
Biometrics completed: July 26
A/P: August 26
Office: Ottawa
College is on the approved list
Medical not applicable

I hope I get my PPR soon and will update here.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: lanp2606

mostafa_

Nov 3, 2020
Congratulations guys on the recent positive updates on your profiles!

I applied on Sept. 29th for Winter 2021 intake and did biometrics on Oct. 20th. When do you think I might get the study permit based on the current timelines seen here on the forum?

Last edited:

mrdoder

Aug 26, 2020
Hello. Finally something happening to my application. I have just received my BVL. I was sent today an email to check the message in my GC account.

My profile:

Applied from USA
Submission: June 20
Biometrics completed: July 26
A/P: August 26
Office: Ottawa
College is on the approved list
Medical not applicable

I hope I get my PPR soon and will update here.

Good luck to everyone!
Got the passport request just now! So same day as the BVL.

Reactions: lanp2606

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi everyone, I just got my OPR today! Long long time and it's finally here! I do have a question regarding, do I send my passport to any office of my choice or do Is there a specified office I should send it to? Thanks!
It is really up to you. You can choose the closest office. According to VAC's website, the LA office is closed, but they are accepting passports by mail. However, you must buy their approved envelopes with them.

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
There are sending out approvals randomly it seems I applied on 16th May and am still waiting with full application complete and no AIP.
I was in the same boat, and I submitted my application in March. I never had my AIP, but I just received my BVL and OPR both at the same time. You can try to send a web form to remind them that your DLI is on the list.

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I was in the same boat, and I submitted my application in March. I never had my AIP, but I just received my BVL and OPR both at the same time. You can try to send a web form to remind them that your DLI is on the list.
I have already sent two webforms a week ago telling them about my DLI. I have not heard back but I hope to hear back by the end of this week.

Reactions: Hani.soltani

srisu

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
How long after getting biometrics corresponding letter. To get final approval ?

I got Biometrics corresponding letter on oct 30 after that no update.

API on Aug 22nd.

Reactions: Hani.soltani

Hani.soltani

Jul 21, 2020
Congrats :) , I got my AIP on Agust 22, still waiting for the final decision. By the way, my DLI is on the qualified list approved by the Canadian government.
Do you suggest anything which can speed up my application's condition?

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Congratulations guys on the recent positive updates on your profiles!

I applied on Sept. 29th for Winter 2021 intake and did biometrics on Oct. 20th. When do you think I might get the study permit based on the current timelines seen here on the forum?
Thank you!
I think one thing you can do is to send a webform to remind them. However, I don't recommend sending too many.
It took them about them 2 weeks to respond to my webform. I submitted my application back in March, so I waited about 7 months to hear back from them. I think they might be trying to clear the backlogs first.

Good luck!

Reactions: mostafa_