+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit (NY or Los Angeles office) - study permit to Canada from US

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
I'm a bit confuse. I read through you all's comments again and find that a few of you think that Davidcheung 1030's letter is an AIP. I thought that it only indicates the beginning of the review, as there is no wording about "approval in principle." And as Davidcheung1030 said, it is labeled as "others." My husband has not even received a correspondence letter after he has given biometrics...

So here is the letter that my husband received:

Hello,
While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester.

You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing.

Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further instructions.

Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or refused) made on your application.

While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online.

If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your client(s) of this important information.

Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Yeah it is the Approval In Principle Letter. Congrats, you are through!!

annakakda

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Yeah it is the Approval In Principle Letter. Congrats, you are through!!
But, doesn't it still depend on the final decision? I just do not dare to be happy too soon. Also, IRCC still has not started reviewing my open work permit as a dependent.

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
But, doesn't it still depend on the final decision? I just do not dare to be happy too soon. Also, IRCC still has not started reviewing my open work permit as a dependent.
The second stage is checking ur admissibility: medical examination, biometrics, crime records & any fraudulent document. But from what I have watched WebSeminar IRCC, it is revealing that ur application is 80% approved. For work permit, I do not know it is out of my range

Reactions: annakakda

annakakda

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
The second stage is checking ur admissibility: medical examination, biometrics, crime records & any fraudulent document. But from what I have watched WebSeminar IRCC, it is revealing that ur application is 80% approved. For work permit, I do not know it is out of my range
Thank you for your info. It's encouraging. Hopefully we will get the final approval for both his study permit and my open work permit soon. It's just a long wait. Five months already...

• Wow
Reactions: phuongdong

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Thank you for your info. It's encouraging. Hopefully we will get the final approval for both his study permit and my open work permit soon. It's just a long wait. Five months already...
Good Luck. I hope there is something improve soon with IRCC & you have full final approval.

Reactions: annakakda

mrdoder

Aug 26, 2020
I have received my A/P today. Was very anxious. Applied from the US (non-American citizen). Submitted full application on June 20. Biometrics completed on July 26. Medical not needed. Eligibility review started just yesterday, at the same time when I received GCMS notes which stated that the application was in progress, but it does tell the due date of assignment which was 9/13/20. Ottawa stated as the primary office. No email has been sent, I just checked my GCKey account to see my A/P (under "Other").

I have already told my college to defer for the winter and would still like to do it since I would like to have majority of my classes in person. So I would hope that the winter semester might be in person, but understand that that might not be the case. Also, people from my college said I would not need to reapply for the study permit/visa in case I decide to defer. Please let me know if you have any suggestion in regards to the deferral. Thank you.

srisu

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hello,

Do any one know
Which visa office is processing our application (Los Angeles or NY)
Where we can find, I deferred my intake to Jan, I got AIP for September.
Need update to IRCC through Webform about my deferral. There is drop down showing Choose the visa office processing your application while using webform I don't known which visa office processing my application. I checked my GIC account and all I did not see any that my application processing office name. If any one faced with similar situation do let me know.

Thank You!

srisu

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
I have received my A/P today. Was very anxious. Applied from the US (non-American citizen). Submitted full application on June 20. Biometrics completed on July 26. Medical not needed. Eligibility review started just yesterday, at the same time when I received GCMS notes which stated that the application was in progress, but it does tell the due date of assignment which was 9/13/20. Ottawa stated as the primary office. No email has been sent, I just checked my GCKey account to see my A/P (under "Other").

I have already told my college to defer for the winter and would still like to do it since I would like to have majority of my classes in person. So I would hope that the winter semester might be in person, but understand that that might not be the case. Also, people from my college said I would not need to reapply for the study permit/visa in case I decide to defer. Please let me know if you have any suggestion in regards to the deferral. Thank you.
I think your application remains same you should notify the changes to IRCC through webform.

annakakda

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hello,

Do any one know
Need update to IRCC through Webform about my deferral. There is drop down showing Choose the visa office processing your application while using webform I don't known which visa office processing my application. I checked my GIC account and all I did not see any that my application processing office name. If any one faced with similar situation do let me know.

Thank You!
My husband came across the same problem -- there is no indication on which visa office processing his application. As we lived in LA, we chose "No" for the question which asked whether we apply outside Canada (as there is a note that if you are affected by COVID-19, you should choose "No"). In this case, you will not need to choose between LA/NY. My husband successfully submitted his update documents via webform in this way and got a reply from IRCC a couple of days later.

Reactions: srisu

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Hello,

Do any one know

Thank You!
On the webform, you choose "Inside Canada" because you are affected by pandemic. Then you send the new Letter of Admission as an attachment file.

srisu

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
My husband came across the same problem -- there is no indication on which visa office processing his application. As we lived in LA, we chose "No" for the question which asked whether we apply outside Canada (as there is a note that if you are affected by COVID-19, you should choose "No"). In this case, you will not need to choose between LA/NY. My husband successfully submitted his update documents via webform in this way and got a reply from IRCC a couple of days later.
Will do same.

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019

Is it ok to defer the program even tho u receive AIP?

mrdoder

Aug 26, 2020
Is it ok to defer the program even tho u receive AIP?
I am not 100 percent sure, but am in touch with my school to see if that's possible. This is from Northeastern University, so not official, but may be the case:

Q. Do I have to study if I have first-stage approval?

No, if you would prefer to wait until your study permit is approved, and your travel document (visa or eTA) is issued, then you have that option. You need to make sure that you advise us of your decision to defer to a future semester, by emailing CanadaAdmissions@northeastern.edu.