+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT - NON SDS May applicant

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
I submitted my study permit application from the USA on May 4th. I already have a valid TRV till 2023 and my biometrics are valid till 2029. My application is being processed at CPC- Ottawa, not in any other offices inside the US. Any idea on how fast CPC-Ottawa processes applications? Can anyone share their experiences or on when I can expect a decision? TIA

Last edited:

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
I submitted my study permit application from the USA on May 4th. I already have a valid TRV till 2023 and my biometrics are valid till 2029. My application is being processed at CPC- Ottawa, not in any other offices inside the US. Any idea on how fast CPC-Ottawa processes applications? Can anyone share their experiences or on when I can expect a decision? TIA
how did u know ur application is being processed in ottawa ?

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
how did u know ur application is being processed in ottawa ?
I contacted the VO in New York and they told me that my application is being processed in CPC-Ottawa. It makes sense because my previous TRV (visitor) was also processed at Ottawa.

Reactions: fritchou

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
You should receive a decision by August 6 as per the processing time page.

mina1999

Jun 18, 2023
Hi there! I kinda in the same boat as you. I have a TRV and have applied for non sds study permit from USA and just received a biometrics verification letter. I'm not sure what to expect next and how long it take. I was just curious and wanted to know if you were able to secure the study permit and roughly how long it took. Because OPT just ended and I'm stressing lol

iamarvnd

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
USA
Category........
STUDY
Hi there! I kinda in the same boat as you. I have a TRV and have applied for non sds study permit from USA and just received a biometrics verification letter. I'm not sure what to expect next and how long it take. I was just curious and wanted to know if you were able to secure the study permit and roughly how long it took. Because OPT just ended and I'm stressing lol
Hii. Mine took about approximately 2 weeks for the decision and then I had to send my passport to them, which took another ~5days. But this was during the pandemic and I am not sure how faster or slower the process is right now. Hope this helps.

spicytunaroll

Jun 1, 2023
Hey I submitted my initial study permit app on May 22nd from USA. It is being processed in Manila, Philippines, and it is my 5th week waiting.