+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit- May applicants for Sep intake gather here

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi there
I am a mature applicant, 40 yo. An immigration consultant lodged my file on May 24. I faced 2 refusals before. Non sds program. I am from Uzbekistan, the former Soviet country. Aprroval rates for Uzbekistan is very low, 1-3 % as the most uzbekistani people dissapointed Canadian government. But I am a genuine student, I have suffecient funds and strong ties to my home country. My children stay in Uzbekistan, they are not coming with me. I have a good job, and my employer wants to reemploy me after my studies. I presented that all in my application. There is still no reply from IRCC. I cannot go through another refusal. Guys, keep your fingers crossed for me pls. I need your e-support ;)
Good luck! :)

• Love
Reactions: Zizuzu

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
About withdrawing your application in case you don't receive a reply after X amount of weeks, I don't know about that. I was advised to withdraw mine under the idea that maybe IRCC had missed my application. But what if I had withdrawn my application at week 18 for example?

I don't know, I always thought that insisting via webforms and emails was a better path than submitting a new application. Yesterday I found in the forum a case of someone that applied back in September 21 and received a decision until now. Would it have been faster if he had submitted a fresh application? Who knows, but at least he received a decision... Hopefully you'll receive a decision in a couple of days or weeks at the most! Crossing our fingers for you!
Yes, as hard as it is to wait, I would have to agree with you, you are absolutely right. Withdrawing would probably be a panic gesture and an unnecessary one. In the times of disappear, I will definitely keep your advice in mind! Thank you for cheering up for us :)

Reactions: Geet7

Zizuzu

Jun 20, 2021
Guys, one more question, is it worth hiring a lawyer vs a consultant? Who had experience working with lawyers?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi there
I am a mature applicant, 40 yo. An immigration consultant lodged my file on May 24. I faced 2 refusals before. Non-sds program. I am from Uzbekistan, a former Soviet country. Approval rates for Uzbekistan are very low, 1-3 % as most Uzbekistani people disappointed the Canadian government. But I am a genuine student, I have sufficient funds and strong ties to my home country. My children stay in Uzbekistan, they are not coming with me. I have a good job, and my employer wants to reemploy me after my studies. I presented that all in my application. There is still no reply from IRCC. I cannot go through another refusal. Guys, keep your fingers crossed for me pls. I need your e-support ;)
Don't over stress yourself! I'm sure everything will work out at the end! Keep your mind busy and a decision will come your way when you least expect it.

Did you request GCMS notes for your previous refusals?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Guys, one more question, is it worth hiring a lawyer vs a consultant? Who had experience working with lawyers?
Another tip, you have to be all over your consultant and demand that they show you every bit of information about your application. You would not believe the amount of cases in this forum where you see applicant's profiles and applications being harmed by irresponsible consultants.

Just make sure you know all you need to know about your application and don't over trust a consultant because at the end of the day, it's your future, not theirs.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Zizuzu

Zizuzu

Jun 20, 2021
Don't over stress yourself! I'm sure everything will work out at the end! Keep your mind busy and a decision will come your way when you least expect it.

Did you request GCMS notes for your previous refusals?
Thanks. Yes, I tried to distract my mind the last two months, but the closer the x-date the more anxiety I feel.
Yes, sure I did. The immigration officer wrote that he/she thought I was not well established as I was divorced and had no confidence I would leave Canada. Now I am thinking to hire a lawyer in case of the student visa denial. I just cannot give it up.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Thanks. Yes, I tried to distract my mind the last two months, but the closer the x-date the more anxiety I feel.
Yes, sure I did. The immigration officer wrote that he/she thought I was not well established as I was divorced and had no confidence I would leave Canada. Now I am thinking to hire a lawyer in case of the student visa denial. I just cannot give it up.
Well, make sure you stay on top of your consultant so that you are 100% up to date about your application.

Stay positive and hopefully, everything will work itself out!

cl27

Aug 11, 2022
Heading to Quebec

16 May - Lodged application
17 May - Biometrics done
23 June - Medical passed, RE
No updates until now, a bit worried I might not get an approval :(

ame1ia.04

Aug 12, 2022
Initial application, non-SDS
Live in Uzbekistan and applied with a Malaysian Passport
- (which visa office is processing my application?? Is it Warsaw (Uzbekistan) or Singapore (Malaysia)?)

May 18: Submitted application (after receiving CAQ)

May 29: Did biometrics (in Almaty, Kazakhstan)

June 9: Biometrics confirmed

July 28: Did the medical exam (did not receive the Medical Instruction Letter so I submitted the results by webform the next day)

August 9: Passed the medical exam

No review of eligibility, but they are processing my background check.

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
I think i lost my patience now. Feel so frustrated. Applied on May 19, just medical updated on August 3rd, still stuck on background check, review not started yet. My due date is Sept 1.

• Sad
Reactions: parrots