+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit- May applicants for Sep intake gather here

RedDragon22

Jul 21, 2022
NON SDS - Philippines
SP + SOWP + SPMINOR

We reapplied last May 6, 2022
Biometrics - reflected from prev application(got refused last March)
Medical passed May 31, 2022
Reviewing Eligibility - May 31, 2022
Ghost Update for us(Family of 3) - June 15, 2022

Suddenly background check of my SOWP changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". Please check below.

Screenshot-2022-08-08-180040

After days of contacting the Manila visa office for follow-up, I received a reply and they told me that Qatar PCC of OWP is pending. I didn't receive any Request Letter since Reviewing Eligibility. Also, I already attached his Qatar PCC on his client info application.

Any idea how long until PPR? I already requested GCMS from IRCC and CBSA . Requested IRCC last June 14, still not received until now. CBSA will be by August 21

I am very anxious and depressed about our application. Are there any chances that we will still be refused at this stage??? Please help!!! :confused:

Thank you!

Aman4578

Jul 20, 2022
Application submitted-may 23
Bio-may 34
Review of eligibility started-July 14
No medical request yet
How long does it take to review ur eligibility, it’s been almost 4 weeks, is that normal?

Bdboy71

Aug 4, 2022
Bio-may 34
No medical request yet
How long does it take to review ur eligibility, it’s been almost 4 weeks, is that normal?
hi Aman4578,
Which country did you apply from ?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Bio-may 34
No medical request yet
I think there is no standard time for this... You should try to send a webform an email to the Visa Office in charge of your application saying that your case has exceeded the current standard processing times. There is no really much else to do...

I submitted my application in March 5 and it took 22 weeks to be processed and I've seen people that just received a decision after more than 7 months.

So hang in there!

Reactions: parrots

laujfh

Aug 8, 2022
Hello,
Anyone from Peru, Non SDS that passed biometrics on early June has already received response?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I think there is no standard time for this... You should try to send a webform an email to the Visa Office in charge of your application saying that your case has exceeded the current standard processing times. There is no really much else to do...

I submitted my application in March 5 and it took 22 weeks to be processed and I've seen people that just received a decision after more than 7 months.

So hang in there!
Not that it matters too much because the processing time of your application is insane anyway, but to be precise since everybody is really counting days and hours waiting, isn't your processing time exactly 19 weeks and 2 days? According to your timeline (March 5 and July 18) and the calendar, it does seem this way :D And the stamping of the passport worked really fast for your, under a week, which is an incredible relief and such a great news for everyone!

Reactions: Vanessa chilenje

aaimy

Jul 18, 2022
Does anyone know if this is a big deal. I did my medical exam yesterday and the panel phsyician incorrectly wrote the date on the IMM1017 form. Rather than putting the year 2022, she put 2020. Sounds like a non issue but I am really paranoid after all the IRCC put me thru :/

The emedical sheet she uploaded to the IRCC, however, has all the correct information such as the correct date and IME number aswell as positive medical results.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Not that it matters too much because the processing time of your application is insane anyway, but to be precise since everybody is really counting days and hours waiting, isn't your processing time exactly 19 weeks and 2 days? According to your timeline (March 5 and July 18) and the calendar, it does seem this way :D And the stamping of the passport worked really fast for your, under a week, which is an incredible relief and such a great news for everyone!
Hahaha... yes, I was counting for the hole process but from the moment we submitted the application to the day we received the passport request letter, 19 weeks went by. You are right!!!

Regarding the passport stamping process, we could not believe how fast it was, specially after reading about cases waiting for one month or longer just to receive back their passport. We submitted our passports on a Wednesday and were told that the courier should take 4 working days to arrive at destination. On Tuesday (4 working days later), we woke up with a notification that said our passports had been delivered to the Visa Office. ON THE SAME DAY, we received a message saying that they had shipped back our passports with either the visa or a letter stating why they were not able to issue a visa. On Friday that same week, we were notified that our passports were ready for pick up at the local VFS office. The hole process took 10 calendar days!

Even though it was a nightmare to wait for a decision, the passport stamping process could not have gone any better!

mairatufailu

Aug 7, 2022
Hi there,

I applied for my non-SDS study permit on Jul 5th, a Bengali resident from Saudi.
Jul 6th gave biometrics, Jul 24 eligibility review started.
Today I received additional document request from Riyadh IRCC, my original transcript, which I have submitted and received submission confirmation.

Is it norm to get transcripts requested (I applied for fall 22 MA degree)?
I don't recall transcript being part of application documents, and it seems rarely people receive this request.

Just trying to ease my mind, wondering if it is a good sign or not..

Did you receive PPR yet?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hahaha... yes, I was counting for the hole process but from the moment we submitted the application to the day we received the passport request letter, 19 weeks went by. You are right!!!

Regarding the passport stamping process, we could not believe how fast it was, specially after reading about cases waiting for one month or longer just to receive back their passport. We submitted our passports on a Wednesday and were told that the courier should take 4 working days to arrive at destination. On Tuesday (4 working days later), we woke up with a notification that said our passports had been delivered to the Visa Office. ON THE SAME DAY, we received a message saying that they had shipped back our passports with either the visa or a letter stating why they were not able to issue a visa. On Friday that same week, we were notified that our passports were ready for pick up at the local VFS office. The hole process took 10 calendar days!

Even though it was a nightmare to wait for a decision, the passport stamping process could not have gone any better!
Oh, that's so cool! 19 weeks sounds way sweeter than 22 :D Because, you know, I look upon your application as a benchmark since we're in the same boat cases-wise. Tomorrow will mark exactly 13 weeks since our biometrics given and I'm comforting myself that there're still 6 more weeks to go, have to be patient. But if we get pass your mark of 19 weeks, I don't know what to think then. Maybe next we should focus on the processing time in Nigeria, which is 28 weeks. If we get pass that, I guess we can withdraw our application and apply all over again. Fantastic scenario taking into account that we applied through SDS. But, for now, you are our guidepost, under 19 weeks I guess we'll keep our sanity :rolleyes:

Yes, the stamping process sounds absolutely marvelous! Great thing it's over for you! Warmest congratulations guys! :D

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Oh, that's so cool! 19 weeks sounds way sweeter than 22 :D Because, you know, I look upon your application as a benchmark since we're in the same boat cases-wise. Tomorrow will mark exactly 13 weeks since our biometrics given and I'm comforting myself that there're still 6 more weeks to go, have to be patient. But if we get pass your mark of 19 weeks, I don't know what to think then. Maybe next we should focus on the processing time in Nigeria, which is 28 weeks. If we get pass that, I guess we can withdraw our application and apply all over again. Fantastic scenario taking into account that we applied through SDS. But, for now, you are our guidepost, under 19 weeks I guess we'll keep our sanity :rolleyes:

Yes, the stamping process sounds absolutely marvelous! Great thing it's over for you! Warmest congratulations guys! :D
About withdrawing your application in case you don't receive a reply after X amount of weeks, I don't know about that. I was advised to withdraw mine under the idea that maybe IRCC had missed my application. But what if I had withdrawn my application at week 18 for example?

I don't know, I always thought that insisting via webforms and emails was a better path than submitting a new application. Yesterday I found in the forum a case of someone that applied back in September 21 and received a decision until now. Would it have been faster if he had submitted a fresh application? Who knows, but at least he received a decision... Hopefully you'll receive a decision in a couple of days or weeks at the most! Crossing our fingers for you!

Zizuzu

Jun 20, 2021
Hi there
I am a mature applicant, 40 yo. An immigration consultant lodged my file on May 24. I faced 2 refusals before. Non-sds program. I am from Uzbekistan, a former Soviet country. Approval rates for Uzbekistan are very low, 1-3 % as most Uzbekistani people disappointed the Canadian government. But I am a genuine student, I have sufficient funds and strong ties to my home country. My children stay in Uzbekistan, they are not coming with me. I have a good job, and my employer wants to reemploy me after my studies. I presented that all in my application. There is still no reply from IRCC. I cannot go through another refusal. Guys, keep your fingers crossed for me pls. I need your e-support ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: parrots and ann.08

Aman4578

Jul 20, 2022
Hi there
I am a mature applicant, 40 yo. An immigration consultant lodged my file on May 24. I faced 2 refusals before. Non sds program. I am from Uzbekistan, the former Soviet country. Aprroval rates for Uzbekistan is very low, 1-3 % as the most uzbekistani people dissapointed Canadian government. But I am a genuine student, I have suffecient funds and strong ties to my home country. My children stay in Uzbekistan, they are not coming with me. I have a good job, and my employer wants to reemploy me after my studies. I presented that all in my application. There is still no reply from IRCC. I cannot go through another refusal. Guys, keep your fingers crossed for me pls. I need your e-support ;)
Is ur review of eligibility started? And when?