bio - done from previous application
Medical expired
Re Medical without request - May 17 2022
Medical passed - May 23
BVL from Abu Dhabi office - July 5

no updates after that

Fab100

Jul 6, 2022
Hi All, would highly appreciate advising on the cost of studies under item #4 in form imm1294e is for one year tuition or entire duration. In addition the funds available under item #5 is the GIC amount taken or the entire fund available in INR (financial asset of my parents as assessed by Chartered Accountant).

aaimy

Jul 18, 2022
Hey guys!

I applied for a student visa from Malaysia on the 27th of May, Biometrics done and uploaded on the 9th of June. From then till now there has been no update/changes to my application and my school term will start on the 6th of September. They have not requested for my medical aswell and Malaysia is a country where one is required for the visa.

I am worried I will not receive my visa on time, especially with all the talks of delays and backlogs etc. My school term starts on the 6th of September but I would preferably like to be in Canada by the end of August to attend the orientation as well as accustom myself to the dorms and campus. Realistically would I be fine given that there is still a month and a few weeks left till school begins or would having to defer be a likely outcome?

Anyone who could share their timeline or offer any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

rolanbadris

Jul 7, 2022
Hey guys!

I applied for a student visa from Malaysia on the 27th of May, Biometrics done and uploaded on the 9th of June. From then till now there has been no update/changes to my application and my school term will start on the 6th of September. They have not requested for my medical aswell and Malaysia is a country where one is required for the visa.

I am worried I will not receive my visa on time, especially with all the talks of delays and backlogs etc. My school term starts on the 6th of September but I would preferably like to be in Canada by the end of August to attend the orientation as well as accustom myself to the dorms and campus. Realistically would I be fine given that there is still a month and a few weeks left till school begins or would having to defer be a likely outcome?

Anyone who could share their timeline or offer any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
I think you will not receive your SP in time, since most of the applications which were submitted in the beginning of May are not processed yet. Nonetheless, there is still a small chance that you will receive it in time

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
The weirdest thing happened yesterday. My wife is the main applicant for the SP, I applied for a OWP. Yesterday, we both received a letter confirming the validity of our biometrics (they are valid until 2031 because of our previous application). Then, I received a passport request and in my profile, it said that my application had been approved and I needed to submit my passport to the nearest VFS. However, my wife did not receive a passport request.

I believe it should arrive shortly given that she is the main applicant and my application relies on hers being approved. Another option is that they made a mistake in sending me the passport request letter.

So weird...

By the way, we submitted our application on March 5.

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
The weirdest thing happened yesterday. My wife is the main applicant for the SP, I applied for a OWP. Yesterday, we both received a letter confirming the validity of our biometrics (they are valid until 2031 because of our previous application). Then, I received a passport request and in my profile, it said that my application had been approved and I needed to submit my passport to the nearest VFS. However, my wife did not receive a passport request.

I believe it should arrive shortly given that she is the main applicant and my application relies on hers being approved. Another option is that they made a mistake in sending me the passport request letter.

So weird...

By the way, we submitted our application on March 5.
Anw, it's something relief to hear that your application is processing. You've been waiting for so long. Good luck buddy

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Anw, it's something relief to hear that your application is processing. You've been waiting for so long. Good luck buddy
Thank you!!! Today my wife received her passport request! Will send it tomorrow to VFS and see how long that process takes...

Reactions: LeeLe

Anu shii

Sep 6, 2021
Have you seen the latest Visa Processing Time from IRCC? Study permit processing is now only 9 weeks coming from 12 weeks.

I wonder if the 9 weeks applies to newer / recent applications or will past applications be covered by this timeline?

I applied last May 4th and still have not heard anything.
Hey any update

Jul 19, 2022
Nizamabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
04-05-2022
Med's Done....
25-05-2022
Applied SP for myself + SOWP + SP for my son

Applied - May 4
Biometrics - May 8 (updated for my family, mine still has to be reflected)
Medical: Upfront done last Feb 28 - still not updated

No updates since then
i also applied on May 4th
bio updated on may 9th
medical updated on may 25th
still waiting for result
any update from ur side

Jul 19, 2022
Nizamabad
Category........
STUDY
App. Filed.......
04-05-2022
Med's Done....
25-05-2022
SDS from India:
Upfront Medical exam: 15th May
Applied on cic/ircc portal: 8th June
Biometric: 15th June

Since then :Submitted and we are reviewing your eligibility.

I know few have received passport request letter within 7 days.

Not sure what happening with my application.
those are non sds i guess