+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit lost in mail

ace_narn

Jan 5, 2019
Hi All, my study permit extension was approved 6 weeks ago and CIC said they have mailed the permit in a secure package to my address in Canada. However, despite confirming my address of correspondence several times by the CIC agents which is correct on my application approval I never received the mail even after 6 weeks.

While I created my application with a different address 8 months ago, my current address is correct in the system and also the approval letter. I wonder why I never the letter in the mail I also confirmed with my old address and there is no letter. Has anyone come across the same thing?

ace_narn

Jan 5, 2019
@Raghav0540 After 6 weeks of wait CIC agreed to resend the document and only this time they admitted they made a mistake in the mailing address wrote "1209" instead of "1206" in the apartment number, that apartment number doesn't exist so I never received the letter despite calling them 4 times earlier in these 6 weeks the always said the address was correct and only today they admitted their mistake. I have lost so much precious time already.

Last edited:

Raghav0540

Mar 2, 2020
Hi All, my study permit extension was approved 6 weeks ago and CIC said they have mailed the permit in a secure package to my address in Canada. However, despite confirming my address of correspondence several times by the CIC agents which is correct on my application approval I never received the mail even after 6 weeks.

While I created my application with a different address 8 months ago, my current address is correct in the system and also the approval letter. I wonder why I never the letter in the mail I also confirmed with my old address and there is no letter. Has anyone come across the same thing?
Plz guide me what to do ...

Vivek1522

Mar 10, 2022
@Raghav0540 After 6 weeks of wait CIC agreed to resend the document and only this time they admitted they made a mistake in the mailing address wrote "1209" instead of "1206" in the apartment number, that apartment number doesn't exist so I never received the letter despite calling them 4 times earlier in these 6 weeks the always said the address was correct and only today they admitted their mistake. I have lost so much precious time already.
Did IRCC resend your study permit in this case.