+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit los Angeles

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Rocker117 said:
Guys,
I hv applied to LA paper based. When I am checking on LA website abt status it say " no application returned" pls guide what does that mean ?

Can you please share the URL where u are checking?

Also I heard LA center takes its own time to process, so please be patient...like me.. :)

Rocker117

Aug 28, 2014
I m checking on this url

https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-us/selfservice/status

Pls share correct url if this one is incorrect.

Good luck bro :))

vinch286

Nov 2, 2014
Hey Rocker117. I'll be having the same situation as yours soon. I'm currently in Canada holding a Visitors visa and I'm sending my Student permit application to VAC-LA when I receive my Letter of Acceptance from the school I applied for. I'm aware that we can not convert our Visitors (Tourist) visa within Canada and a friend here in Canada told me to send my application from outside Canada that's why I'm planning to send my application to VAC-LA instead. This is my first time to do this and I dont have a lawyer to assist me. Is this process really working? ::)

cat89

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
Passed 26-02-2016 (after re-assessment)
Interview........
Paid RPRF 08-12-2015
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
vinch286 said:
Hey Rocker117. I'll be having the same situation as yours soon. I'm currently in Canada holding a Visitors visa and I'm sending my Student permit application to VAC-LA when I receive my Letter of Acceptance from the school I applied for. I'm aware that we can not convert our Visitors (Tourist) visa within Canada and a friend here in Canada told me to send my application from outside Canada that's why I'm planning to send my application to VAC-LA instead. This is my first time to do this and I dont have a lawyer to assist me. Is this process really working? ::)
Have you applied yet? I have same situation as you.

Can you tell me how to pay the VAC Fee 40$USD and the CIC $150CAD fee?

kemilayo

Dec 28, 2015
cat89 said:
Have you applied yet? I have same situation as you.

Can you tell me how to pay the VAC Fee 40$USD and the CIC $150CAD fee?
Hi,
I dont think you need to pay the $40 fees. All you need to pay is the CAN$150 and CAN$85 for biometrics if you are applying online.

Regards

wan2no

Jan 20, 2012
Hi there,
I have few quick question regarding multiple entry visitor visa holder of Canada applying from inside Canada for 2 Yrs masters program study permit through los Angeles visa office
1. Is it a valid application while residing in Canada ?
2. Does one require to go US for biometric by US visa or is there any way to send biometric from Canada ?
3. As he has bangladeshi passport visited US earlier in valid visa ( now expired) what is the chance to get a US visa while the current Canada visitor visa is about to finish?
4. He got refused once as applied inside Canada in Ottawa office. Now got information that it's possible to apply Los Angles office through online though physically in Canada. His application is valid, right?
5. Can he apply through home country or through any other country by sending application by post while not residing there but inside Canada? Is it like one must need to be physically present while applying through a particular country's embassy?

Abii21900

Nov 4, 2016
Hi, I applied for my study permit application from within Canada. You can only do it via paper based application or by delivering it in person by going to Los Angeles. I sent my application package on October 20, 2016 and the same day I got an email from VAC asking me to send my orignal passport as well. They received my passport on October 24th. Now, the status says application received by the visa office under consideration.