+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit - June applicants for sept. Intake 2022 gather here.

Tehillah994

Aug 24, 2022
I was told that if because of visa delay you defer and you have less than 150days to your new date, you don't need to notify IRCC. But it your new start date after deferment is more than 150 days you have to notify IRCC
[QUOTE="Prime_modella, post: 10205650, member: 1
What about when you can't resume due to the cause of visa delay and you can't defer your admissions which requrequires you to reapply for another school admissions. Does it affect you getting your visa... Thanks

sh@hid

Feb 23, 2022
What about when you can't resume due to the cause of visa delay and you can't defer your admissions which requrequires you to reapply for another school admissions. Does it affect you getting your visa... Thanks
Even i have a same question, we are in a same boat

Hajarat

Aug 27, 2022
Hello everyone, I just got request for passport from IRCC few minutes ago after I defered my admission yesterday because yesterday was the last day for deferment. I wrote the school now and they asked me the most likely date and worst likely date to arrive if they are to permit me. Please advise

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hello everyone, I just got request for passport from IRCC few minutes ago after I defered my admission yesterday because yesterday was the last day for deferment. I wrote the school now and they asked me the most likely date and worst likely date to arrive if they are to permit me. Please advise
First of all, congratulations on your Passport Request!!!

I don't know about your particular case but here's my advice:

- Your Visa (you will use this to be able to travel to Canada) and Letter of Introduction (which is the document you will show the Visa Officer at the port of entry to request your Study Permit), will most probably be issued with your program's end date + 90 days of validity.

- If you defer your intake, as you said, you have to inform IRCC via webform if the new start day is 150 days or more than the original date.

- If you defer, you will show the Visa Officer at the Port of Entry the updated LOA from your DLI, and your Study Permit should be issued with the new program end date + 90 days of validity. If for some reason it's issued in line with your Visa validity, you can always apply for a Study Permit Extension afterwards.

- You don't know when you will receive your stamped passport back from IRCC, so it might be better to secure a place right away for the following intake.

Good luck!

Reactions: Fab100

Hajarat

Aug 27, 2022
First of all, congratulations on your Passport Request!!!

I don't know about your particular case but here's my advice:

- Your Visa (you will use this to be able to travel to Canada) and Letter of Introduction (which is the document you will show the Visa Officer at the port of entry to request your Study Permit), will most probably be issued with your program's end date + 90 days of validity.

- If you defer your intake, as you said, you have to inform IRCC via webform if the new start day is 150 days or more than the original date.

- If you defer, you will show the Visa Officer at the Port of Entry the updated LOA from your DLI, and your Study Permit should be issued with the new program end date + 90 days of validity. If for some reason it's issued in line with your Visa validity, you can always apply for a Study Permit Extension afterwards.

- You don't know when you will receive your stamped passport back from IRCC, so it might be better to secure a place right away for the following intake.

Good luck!
The school gave all international students till 7th of September if they cannot secure study permit. I waited till 6th of September before I defered till September 2023 because my program does not have online classes. To my surprise this morning, I got passport request from IRCC and I quickly notified my school because I had defered already. My school now sent me a mail to tell them my likely arrival date with this request and my worst case arrival date. The school official late arrival date for international students is 16th of September. In my response, I chose 16th of September as my likely arrival date but 1st week of October as my worst case arrival date. Please, am I right?

manc9

May 7, 2016
My timeline
Application submitted: 09 June
Biometric updated: 15 June
No Update since then.

Has anyone who applied in June got any further update?
yes, my brother applied on 8th june, biometrics on 14th and he got his approval just on yesterday

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
The school gave all international students till 7th of September if they cannot secure study permit. I waited till 6th of September before I defered till September 2023 because my program does not have online classes. To my surprise this morning, I got passport request from IRCC and I quickly notified my school because I had defered already. My school now sent me a mail to tell them my likely arrival date with this request and my worst case arrival date. The school official late arrival date for international students is 16th of September. In my response, I chose 16th of September as my likely arrival date but 1st week of October as my worst case arrival date. Please, am I right?
Your hole plan depends on when you receive your stamped passport. You will also need to buy your plane tickets.

Just make sure to ask your DLI what happens if by the first week of October you haven't received your stamped passport back, will they allow you to defer to the next intake? Hope everything works out but ty to prepare for a worst case scenario. Also, if your school doesn't have any online classes, what will happen to the classes you missed if you arrive the first week of October? Be sure to ask every question possible. And buy flexible plane tickets...

Hajarat

Aug 27, 2022
Yes. I got it yesterday
Is there anyone traveling to Fredericton Canada from Nigeria? Which of the flights is the cheapest and how will I book for flight because I am targeting 25th of September as my departure date. I just submitted my passport for stamping yesterday through courier service from Ibadan and I hope that it will come back before 23rd of September. Please I have never travelled before .My school is University of New Brunswick.

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
While filling form on the IMM1295 it asks for employment history for the past 10 years, however gives only 3 rows to fill.. what if some one has more than 3 employments in his / her last 10 years of employment?

abroshan18

Star Member
Jun 22, 2022
In case some one has been refused for student permit .. what should be the response for IMMI1295 - Background Information 2b and 2c

2b)Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave canada or any other country or territory? No Yes
2c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? No Yes

Does having Yes to 2b) automatically makes 2c) Yes too?

Or response to 2b) can be yes and 2c) No.

This is after getting refusal in Student Permit.

Prime_modella

Aug 30, 2022
Yes you have to submit a new visa application all over again