+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Issues

dexter1709

Mar 11, 2016
I and my wife has applied for Study Permit for studying 16 month Full Time MBA from SFU and UBC. We both have applied for the visa online on 30.04.2016 and 12.05.2016 respectively.
I have submitted financial proof of CAD 72,954 against the tuition fees of CAD 47,141. The break-up of financial proof is as follows:
1. Saving Bank A/c : CAD 52,526
2. EPF : CAD 14,450
3. PF : CAD 5,978
My wife submitted financial proof of CAD 92,441 against the tuition fees of CAD 66,000. The break-up of financial proof is as follows:
1. Saving Bank A/c : CAD 27,871
2. Loan : CAD 51,750
3. EPF : CAD 9,734
4. PPF : CAD 886
5. Expected Salary : CAD 2,200
While applying for the VISA, we both have uploaded "Letter of Explanation" for better understanding of the VISA Officer. Further, in each of our applications, we have submitted TRV only for self and not for the partner since the partner was applying separately for the Study permit (we have mentioned this fact in the letter of explanation itself).
Though the study visa processing time for applicants from India is generally 03 weeks but these days the website shows a wait time of 05 weeks,however few of my friends have received their study permits in a matter of 8-10 days. On the other hand, my application is stuck and the status shows "medical review in progress" for the last 18 days and the application status of my wife shows "application open" since she has applied and there is no progress at all.
FYI we have uploaded the Upfront Medical Reports at the time of application only with the hope that the application process will be fast.
I need to know if we have committed any glitch / error during the application process and whether there is any reason to worry in light of no response from CIC for so long.

whale23

Apr 30, 2016
I also applied on 5th May 2016 . i have same status
Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

WardaKhoso

Star Member
May 25, 2016
I applied for my Canadian Student Visa on 12th of Feb 2016, but I haven't heard from the embassy till date! They haven't even asked for my medicals yet! Why is the long delay? I applied through VAC, whenever I track my application it says " Processed passport has been forwarded to Canada visa office Islamabad on 12/2/16. It's been more than 3 months. Does long delay usually means negative answer? I applied for may intake but now I got the deferral letter from my university for september.

king5210

Oct 4, 2015
WardaKhoso said:
I applied for my Canadian Student Visa on 12th of Feb 2016, but I haven't heard from the embassy till date! They haven't even asked for my medicals yet! Why is the long delay? I applied through VAC, whenever I track my application it says " Processed passport has been forwarded to Canada visa office Islamabad on 12/2/16. It's been more than 3 months. Does long delay usually means negative answer? I applied for may intake but now I got the deferral letter from my university for september.
hey nro i think no one told you that when this message shows on the screen ''Processed passport has been forwarded to Canada visa office Islamabad on 12/2/16'' it means you have to collect your passport from the visa application centre in which you applied . your passport have been reched there on 12 feb 2016.
you have to collect it by yourself. why you haven't contacted vac office . please go there with the slip they gave you and collect your passport. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

happyReem

May 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
king5210 said:
hey nro i think no one told you that when this message shows on the screen ''Processed passport has been forwarded to Canada visa office Islamabad on 12/2/16'' it means you have to collect your passport from the visa application centre in which you applied . your passport have been reched there on 12 feb 2016.
you have to collect it by yourself. why you haven't contacted vac office . please go there with the slip they gave you and collect your passport. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
What do you mean by he needs to collect his passport from VAC (on the same day he submitted his application)??
The guy applied on Feb 12 so it is impossible that his application got a decision on the same day !!

WardaKhoso

Star Member
May 25, 2016
happyReem said:
What do you mean by he needs to collect his passport from VAC (on the same day he submitted his application)??
The guy applied on Feb 12 so it is impossible that his application got a decision on the same day !!
yes that does not mean that! Because I applied on that day!

Eva94

Feb 23, 2018
hi, I know it has been a long time since but I am going through the same issue. 3 months and no response from them. dis you get your visa?