+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit is being delayed

Harisree

Sep 17, 2018
Hai,
I have applied for study permit on june 30th and I got a mail on aug 21st asking for additional documents.I have uploaded necessary documents on aug 27th and the status shows as background check and final decision are in progress and there is no update about medical exam.I am from India and have applied through online.I am so worried as it is taking so long.All my frieds have already moved to canad.Does anyone have any idea about whats happening about my application??

5AABI

Sep 4, 2018
Hai,
I have applied for study permit on june 30th and I got a mail on aug 21st asking for additional documents.I have uploaded necessary documents on aug 27th and the status shows as background check and final decision are in progress and there is no update about medical exam.I am from India and have applied through online.I am so worried as it is taking so long.All my frieds have already moved to canad.Does anyone have any idea about whats happening about my application??
Ohh! What additional documents did they asked for?
And whats showing on background check??

Harisree

Sep 17, 2018
Ohh! What additional documents did they asked for?
And whats showing on background check??
They have doubts on my educationals documents.Hence I have submitted proof letters form college and university.

It shows "your application is in progress and we will send you a message when we start your background check".

Last edited:

5AABI

Sep 4, 2018
They have doubts on my educationals documents.Hence I have submitted proof letters form college and university.

It shows "your application is in progress and we will send you a message when we start your background check".
Oh okay as far as i know background check is not applicable for applicants applying from india. Bcz mine was saying on background check its not applicable.. maybe it may differ from person to person..
All we can do is oray to God!!
Hope for the best results
Best of luck!!

Harisree

Sep 17, 2018
Ini
Oh okay as far as i know background check is not applicable for applicants applying from india. Bcz mine was saying on background check its not applicable.. maybe it may differ from person to person..
All we can do is oray to God!!
Hope for the best results
Best of luck!!
Initially it was the same for me too...and changed once i uploaded the additional documents.Thanks for your concern

Ngab sr

Sep 18, 2018
I applied online for study permit on 28th june until now i haven’t received any message yet but i submitted my medical exam along with my application they said is favorable , they say they don’t need any supplement documents or any interview despite all those when i log in through cic website they say your application is in progress.... friends advise me what can i do

Rohit2365

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
I applied online for study permit on 28th june until now i haven’t received any message yet but i submitted my medical exam along with my application they said is favorable , they say they don’t need any supplement documents or any interview despite all those when i log in through cic website they say your application is in progress.... friends advise me what can i do
Same situation applied on 13 july.
U get any extension from college?