+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Interview Experience Canadian HC Delhi

yog2104

Jan 9, 2016
Hey all.

A few weeks ago, I was looking for whatever resources I could find on the Study Permit Interview from this forum and most of the stuff here did not cover the whole procedure.

I'm gonna just give a brief overview of what happens so that applicants like me can have a better understanding of the process.

A little into my application details. I applied online for the Study permit on 5th of July 2016 for the September 2016 term with admit from MEng in Mechanical at Uvic, BC with upfront medicals. I applied from Bangalore.

After almost 22 days, I received an update in my application saying that the Medicals were passed.

Then on the 29th of July, I received an Interview E-mail, to attend one at the Delhi High Commission on the 10th of August. At this point I was worried about what the interview was all about and the time by which I would get my Study permit.

My appointment was scheduled at 1 p.m and the HC admitted around 30 students, mostly from Punjab and Delhi. I was the only applicant from Bangalore and there were 4 online applicants from Vadodra, Guj.

The interviewer asked me about my choice of college and course, funding details, parents occupation and nothing more. Most of the applicants that day were asked the same set of questions with the interviewer asking for a few of the original documents that were submitted online.

Until the time I left almost everyone who gave the interview got their visas stamped within an hour after it was done.

So it was merely a formality. Most of you who get an interview call will get your visas.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Thanks for sharing the info

anmol kaur

Dec 23, 2017
Hey all.

A few weeks ago, I was looking for whatever resources I could find on the Study Permit Interview from this forum and most of the stuff here did not cover the whole procedure.

I'm gonna just give a brief overview of what happens so that applicants like me can have a better understanding of the process.

A little into my application details. I applied online for the Study permit on 5th of July 2016 for the September 2016 term with admit from MEng in Mechanical at Uvic, BC with upfront medicals. I applied from Bangalore.

After almost 22 days, I received an update in my application saying that the Medicals were passed.

Then on the 29th of July, I received an Interview E-mail, to attend one at the Delhi High Commission on the 10th of August. At this point I was worried about what the interview was all about and the time by which I would get my Study permit.

My appointment was scheduled at 1 p.m and the HC admitted around 30 students, mostly from Punjab and Delhi. I was the only applicant from Bangalore and there were 4 online applicants from Vadodra, Guj.

The interviewer asked me about my choice of college and course, funding details, parents occupation and nothing more. Most of the applicants that day were asked the same set of questions with the interviewer asking for a few of the original documents that were submitted online.

Until the time I left almost everyone who gave the interview got their visas stamped within an hour after it was done.

So it was merely a formality. Most of you who get an interview call will get your visas.
Hi..
I got interview msg its on 15 feb pls guide me ..

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hi..
I got interview msg its on 15 feb pls guide me ..
Nothing to worry, take the original documents, just explain which college are you going to what are your plans and make sure your intention should always sound like you will return to your home country once your study is finished. Be confident. It is a positive sign :) good luck

anmol kaur

Dec 23, 2017
Nothing to worry, take the original documents, just explain which college are you going to what are your plans and make sure your intention should always sound like you will return to your home country once your study is finished. Be confident. It is a positive sign :) good luck
Thanku.. for the hope...