+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit in the UAE (Abu Dhabi)- Non-Local/Expat

Raffy798

Feb 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I would like to inquire if anyone experience applying in Abu Dhabi. I am working in the UAE for the past 8 years. I have recently applied toursit visa for me, my wife and my daughter and its approved. After 2 months I applied for study permit, I was accepted in New Bruinsiwck.

My current status is as below:

On the processing times it says 4 weeks so from January 24, 2020- It will be February 21, 2020. My Review eligibility and background check start the same date I passed my medical.

Can anyone share their timeline specifically in Abu Dhabi:

Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results - Review of medical results
January 26, 2020 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

Interview - Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics - Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check - Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision - Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi everyone,

I would like to inquire if anyone experience applying in Abu Dhabi. I am working in the UAE for the past 8 years. I have recently applied toursit visa for me, my wife and my daughter and its approved. After 2 months I applied for study permit, I was accepted in New Bruinsiwck.

On the processing times it says 4 weeks so from January 24, 2020- It will be February 21, 2020. My Review eligibility and background check start the same date I passed my medical.

Interview - Interview

Biometrics - Biometrics

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
You should relax. Because the website says 4 weeks doesn't mean all application can be processed within that time frame. However, if your application has pass the processing time, you can send an email or CSE to IRCC.

Raffy798

Feb 12, 2020
Thanks! I am just worried because others were processed in a week time and mine took forever. Everyday feels like being worried :D

JustDonna

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

Interview - Interview

Biometrics - Biometrics

Any update ? i applied last January 30 2020 and Biometrics completed Feb 02 2020 until now they are still in background checking.