+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit/Implied status 2019

Audrey411

Nov 27, 2019
Hi guys! I would like to get insights from you re: Study permits, Implied sttaus and work permits.

Situation: In Canada now, finishing my 1 year PSW course with a Co-op permit this December. Applied for another 1 year course, got accepted for May 2020.

Question : While pending renewal/extension of study permit, Can I work? (Between December to April)? Can I have IMPLIED STATUS or not?

Facts:

• Student permit expiry: March 31, 2020
  • Co-op work permit expiry : Dec 16, 2019
  • Next course starts in May 2020
  • I am in Canada right now.
The agency I have consulted said something about IMPLIED STATUS however after a few days they told me that I cannot work after my course has been done alongside my co-op and while my student permit being processed.
I'm just consulting you experienced people because I don't want my money to go to waste.
Please guys, I need your help.... I don't want to ve scammed... I'm paying my last money for retainer's fee. I just want that question to be addressed and if you guys have othet suggestions, its all welcomed. Please and thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys! I would like to get insights from you re: Study permits, Implied sttaus and work permits.

Situation: In Canada now, finishing my 1 year PSW course with a Co-op permit this December. Applied for another 1 year course, got accepted for May 2020.

Question : While pending renewal/extension of study permit, Can I work? (Between December to April)? Can I have IMPLIED STATUS or not?

Facts:

• Student permit expiry: March 31, 2020
  • Co-op work permit expiry : Dec 16, 2019
  • Next course starts in May 2020
  • I am in Canada right now.
The agency I have consulted said something about IMPLIED STATUS however after a few days they told me that I cannot work after my course has been done alongside my co-op and while my student permit being processed.
I'm just consulting you experienced people because I don't want my money to go to waste.
Please guys, I need your help.... I don't want to ve scammed... I'm paying my last money for retainer's fee. I just want that question to be addressed and if you guys have othet suggestions, its all welcomed. Please and thank you.
You can work. Note that the co-op work permit is irrelevant. It is only valid for actual co-op terms done within your program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html#off-campus