+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit got rejected PLEASE HELP!!

ughkittys

Aug 8, 2017
Hello guys
I applied for my study permit on July 17 and they notified me that my application is refused
I am from Taiwan, and i am an international student in the USA with I-20 visa, i am currently still in USA , i applied online, their reasons to reject me are:

Pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulation, I am not satisfied that you:

1. have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue
  2. have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study
  3. have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the costs of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

1. immigration status in country of residence
  2. length of proposed stay in Canada
  3. purpose of visit
  4. personal assets and financial status.
Other reasons:
  1. Insufficient evidence of ongoing study in the U.S. such as current enrolment, academic progress, and valid I-20. -
  2. Source and availability of financial resources not adequately demonstrated.

i really dont understand why they think i wont leave canada at the end of the study, the reasons dont make sense to me???? please help me to understand, also they didnt ask me to provide my I-20 at all, how would i know i have to show them?and about the financial part , none of my family is coming with me so i dont get it...
i feel really hopeless right now , pls help!

haleys

Jul 25, 2017
Hi ughkittys, sorry to hear about your rejection.

First of all, I think it was expected of you to include a complete application (including your i-20). You can't expect the officer to know the status of your residency in US without providing the necessary proof, so if you are planning to re-apply, I urge you to include all the necessary documents (i-20, visa stamps, proof of enrolment at your current school etc).

Second of all, with regards to the financial reason, I think it's just a generic statement, doesn't necessarily mean they are talking about your family as well (meaning, it's a standard response). Have you submitted proof for this (parents bank statements, home ownership etc)? Also, did you include a statement of purpose in your previous application? If you didn't, I strongly recommend that you include it in your application if you're going to re-apply. You can address the officer's concerns with regards to "purpose of visit" and "length of proposed stay in canada" in your SOP.

Best of luck!

ughkittys

Aug 8, 2017
Hi ughkittys, sorry to hear about your rejection.

First of all, I think it was expected of you to include a complete application (including your i-20). You can't expect the officer to know the status of your residency in US without providing the necessary proof, so if you are planning to re-apply, I urge you to include all the necessary documents (i-20, visa stamps, proof of enrolment at your current school etc).

Second of all, with regards to the financial reason, I think it's just a generic statement, doesn't necessarily mean they are talking about your family as well (meaning, it's a standard response). Have you submitted proof for this (parents bank statements, home ownership etc)? Also, did you include a statement of purpose in your previous application? If you didn't, I strongly recommend that you include it in your application if you're going to re-apply. You can address the officer's concerns with regards to "purpose of visit" and "length of proposed stay in canada" in your SOP.

Best of luck!
hey thank you for replying, i think i know the probs now but im just wondering
if can still use the fall admission to apply even when the fall semester start? Cuz it's almost the time school start I don't know if they will take it