+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit got rejected for Sep 2017, Need help for re-apply

TIRATH67

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. My Application for Study Permit for SEP 2017 Canada is rejected yesterday from CHC New Delhi. I haven't got any Email or Letter from CIC regarding the rejection reason. Here is my profile below:

• 10th from PSEB with 78% marks
  • 12th from PSEB 60% marks
  • IELTS 6.0 (L-5.5 R-6.5 W-6.0 S-6.0 )
  • Applied for the Computer Programmer Diploma in St. Lawrence College Kinston
  • Paid first Semester fee ($8000)
  • Paid GIC ($10,200)
I submitted my file under SPP on the 2 June and got a rejection on 7 July.

Here, I would like to share some other important things related to my file. My both parents have deceased and Since, then I am living with my Paternal uncle. My uncle is sponsoring me for my Study Permit application and all the expenses related to my study in Canada. I also submitted death certificates of my parents and a Certificate from my uncle explaining that he is sponsoring me for my further study. Please give me advice for re-apply. I already submit a request for CAIPS notes.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Sorry to hear that.

You will probably receive the letter shortly. Get back to this thread when you have it or CAIPS.

Finance info? list of documents submitted as tie to home country? Uncle's family ( children) and property/income information?

TIRATH67

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
I went to my consultant yesterday for grabbing my passport and rejection letter. Here is the reason Visa officer wrote in the letter.

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in the light of one or more of : your qualifications, establishments, language abilities or your future prospects or plans.

My consultant said that looks like Visa officer is not satisfied with course that I have chosen.
But I think my previous studies is completely relevant. I am going to share my 10th and 12th transcripts.

10th From PSEB (Overall 77%)

Subject | Total Marks | Obtained |Grade

ENGLISH | 100 | 71 | B
PUNJABI | 150 | 121 | A
HINDI | 100 | 81 | A
MATHS | 100 | 76 | A
SCIENCE | 100 | 70 | B
SOCIAL | 100 | 82 | A

Additional Subjects

COMPUTER SCIENCE A+

12th FROM PSEB (Overall 60%)

ENGLISH | 75 | 45 | B
PUNJABI | 75 | 52 | B
ECONOMICS | 100 | 53 | C
MATHS | 100 | 55 | C
COMPUTER APPS | 100 | 65 | B

Additional Subjects

COMPUTER SCIENCE B

ILETS (Overall 6.0)

SPEAKING 6.0
WRITING 6.0
LISTENING 5.5
READING 6.5

I have a good background in Computer. I think low academics in 12th could be a reason for rejection. Please give a useful advice. My consultant said that We can retry again with a Strong SOP for the same semester. Please give any advice. Should I re-apply again with the same course or I Wait for CAIPS to come and apply for January 2018, Intake?

Please help me with this. Any comments will be useful.

Last edited:

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to my consultant yesterday for grabbing my passport and rejection letter. Here is the reason Visa officer wrote in the letter.

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in the light of one or more of : your qualifications, establishments, language abilities or your future prospects or plans.

My consultant said that looks like Visa officer is not satisfied with course that I have chosen.
But I think my previous studies is completely relevant. I am going to share my 10th and 12th transcripts.

10th From PSEB (Overall 77%)

ENGLISH | 100 | 71 | B
PUNJABI | 150 | 121 | A
HINDI | 100 | 81 | A
MATHS | 100 | 76 | A
SCIENCE | 100 | 70 | B
SOCIAL | 100 | 82 | A

Additional Subjects

COMPUTER SCIENCE A+

12th FROM PSEB (Overall 60%)

ENGLISH | 75 | 45 | B
PUNJABI | 75 | 52 | B
ECONOMICS | 100 | 53 | C
MATHS | 100 | 55 | C
COMPUTER APPS | 100 | 65 | B

Additional Subjects

COMPUTER SCIENCE B

ILETS (Overall 6.0)

SPEAKING 6.0
WRITING 6.0
LISTENING 5.5
READING 6.5

I have a good background in Computer. I think low academics in 12th could be a reason for rejection. Please give a useful advice. My consultant said that We can retry again with a Strong SOP for the same semester. Please give any advice. Should I re-apply again with the same course or I Wait for CAIPS to come and apply for January 2018, Intake?

Please help me with this. Any comments will be useful.
I would suggest wait for caips better late than risk.

good boy

Feb 17, 2017
Without CAIPS the only person gets benefitted is your consultant. Surely s/he is not giving you honest advice. (How much does s/he charge by the way?)

I will recommend to wait for caips. Write IELTS again in the meantime, target score 6.5 overall with none less than 6.
Make sure your ties are strong to home country, you have a special case as you live with your uncle. It is not unheard of that VO changes the ground of rejection on reapplication. So make it tight , as much as you can.

TIRATH67

Star Member
Oct 2, 2015
What you guys think that the main reason for refusal could be a wrong selection of course or it could be my low academics in 12th grade. Suppose, if I change my program for the next semester and then apply again for a study permit, would visa officer think that I am not a genuine student.
And
If I apply for same semester and college, then how I can show Visa Officer that, I am a genuine student and really interested in my current course.

India1989

Jul 24, 2016
What you guys think that the main reason for refusal could be a wrong selection of course or it could be my low academics in 12th grade. Suppose, if I change my program for the next semester and then apply again for a study permit, would visa officer think that I am not a genuine student.
And
If I apply for same semester and college, then how I can show Visa Officer that, I am a genuine student and really interested in my current course.
I don't think it is rejected for your low academic in 12th grade because I had low gpa(much less than yours) and I got my visa in first attempt. IELTS can be one reason or your future prospects or plans(but not according to me). Your Visa consultant is misguiding you. You had selected the course which totally match up with your academic background. Without knowing what you had written in your SOP I can't say anything but make a strong SOP. Provide clear information on your sop( Like why your marks were low in 12th).

vaka004

Star Member
Jul 31, 2016
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. My Application for Study Permit for SEP 2017 Canada is rejected yesterday from CHC New Delhi. I haven't got any Email or Letter from CIC regarding the rejection reason. Here is my profile below:

• Paid GIC ($10,200)

Here, I would like to share some other important things related to my file. My both parents have deceased and Since, then I am living with my Paternal uncle. My uncle is sponsoring me for my Study Permit application and all the expenses related to my study in Canada. I also submitted death certificates of my parents and a Certificate from my uncle explaining that he is sponsoring me for my further study. Please give me advice for re-apply. I already submit a request for CAIPS notes.
Hey Brother. Don't worry. Actually in my view I guess its bit hard for you to get study visa to Canada. But I don't say thats impossible. Instead of applying for study visa to Canada, ask your paternal uncle to sponsor you to Canada under family category. You will get Canadian residence directly, then after you could apply for any course in Canada. Search Canadian sponsorship under family category. As your parents deceased and you are under 18 your paternal uncle can sponsor you to Canada.

Sopperfect

Jun 29, 2017
And
It is very difficult to know the exact reason for refusal with just few ticked reasons on your rejection letter. Apply for CAIPS. try caipsgcms.com. It is better to wait before your 2nd attempt. Waiting for caips is better than getting 2 rejections on your file. Dont hurry.

Kandy205

May 23, 2017
Is there any visa rejection chances if I will apply for DIPLOMA after completing my BACHELOR, because i am interesting in production line and there isn't any relative course available.

MY ACADEMICS ;-
10-83%
12-68%
BACHELOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING-6.99 CGPA
IELTS OVERALL_6
READING-6
WRITING-5.5
SPEAKING-6
LISTENING-7

I have GUINNESS WORLD RECORD certificate and many more certificates related to co-curricular activities.I also visited USA once before a 2 year ago to give performance.

rashmilinks inc.

Jul 14, 2017

• Paid GIC ($10,200)

Don't worry I got rejected on July 7 as well stating other reasons that your proposed studies are not reasonable --blah blah
My ielts score is overall a band of 7
Listening -9.0
Reading 6.0
Speaking-7.5
Writing -6.0
Just file for caips and wait

Kandy205

May 23, 2017
Don't worry I got rejected on July 7 as well stating other reasons that your proposed studies are not reasonable --blah blah
My ielts score is overall a band of 7
Listening -9.0
Reading 6.0
Speaking-7.5
Writing -6.0
Just file for caips and wait
You applied in which course?

rashmilinks inc.

Jul 14, 2017
You applied in which course?
I I'm indulge in my family business and working with my father from last 5 years after graduation . I even went to USA for 3 years and did business there . I showed everything on the company letterhead with sign and stamp and all my company info is on google as well. I chose marketing diploma so that I can expand my business both in India and overseas. I was still refused

Bafflingtulip

Jul 3, 2017
My boyfriend who is Pakistani living in Dubai just linked his paper app to online. The status for eligibility shows not met and states final decision is made but final decision part is blank.

I'm so sorry to learn of your rejection. If it makes you feel better , my boyfriend applied to Waterloo for masters with more than enough money to support and he is employed. God knows what these peoples reasoning is if any. I too have applied and my visa is still under process . It's so devastating to hear of these rejections when we put in so much heart and effort plus are actually going to country in a legit and legal way.

Get your caips, defer and then reapply. I say this to give you enough time inCasw you face another rejection you have time to reapply.