+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit got refused ..can you guys help me clearly the reasons.

Kdmail

Jul 20, 2020
My study permit for January intake got refused yesterday 29th August 2020.i applied for visa 28th July and did my biometric on 28th August 2020

This are the reasons

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

EssienM

Sep 28, 2019
My study permit for January intake got refused yesterday 29th August 2020.i applied for visa 28th July and did my biometric on 28th August 2020

This are the reasons

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Do you have a study gap?
Did you submit a detailed SOP?
What are your prev qualifications and what program did you apply for?
What is your current employment situation?
Your age range?

Reactions: Tete

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
From my experience, these are the most common reasons for a refusal:

1. Personal assets and financial status.
2. Purpose of visit (if you have an unclear/weak LoE or you did not provide one at all).
3. Your academic background in relation to your age and professional background.
4. Having insufficient ties to your home country.
5. Employment situation (if you have a job).
6. Immigration status in country of residence (if you're applying from a different country than yours).

If you feel that the concerns stated in your refusal letter do not add up to what you've provided in your application, you can always appeal against the refusal, however, that may cost a plenty of money and it may not work if your application is weak.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

This are the reasons

You were refused because the visa officer is not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your temporary stay.

You need to be able to prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay.

Kdmail

Jul 20, 2020
Hello guys .. my completed university 2019 and I finished my national service recently (August) i have a degree in my home country and I applied for diploma in business administration at the Toronto school of management. My fees was $9000 Canadian dollars and i have paid half of it for my LOA ..i used my uncles bank statement he is in USA .the bank he saves is Bank of America which had a beginning balance of $26000
And closing balance of $14000
All my family members are in Ghana i dont have any relatives in Canada
I added my uncles properties and all the necessary documents needed being it his house papers and car papers his id cards payslip

Kdmail

Jul 20, 2020

This is the refusal letter i was sent

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
I'm very sorry to hear that. Canada is very tough and picky with people from African countries when it comes to visa unfortunately. Have you provided an LoE (letter of explanation)? How detailed was it? And how many pages?

Last edited:

rayusuf

Aug 14, 2020

This is the refusal letter i was sent
Your country and timeline

Kdmail

Jul 20, 2020
I'm very sorry to hear that. Canada is very tough and picky with people from African countries when it comes to visa unfortunately. Have you provided an LoE (letter of explanation)? How detailed was it? And how many pages?

It was 2pages and very detailed I explained every point ..the reason i want for a diploma etc it was very solid

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys .. my completed university 2019 and I finished my national service recently (August) i have a degree in my home country and I applied for diploma in business administration at the Toronto school of management. My fees was $9000 Canadian dollars and i have paid half of it for my LOA ..i used my uncles bank statement he is in USA .the bank he saves is Bank of America which had a beginning balance of $26000
I added my uncles properties and all the necessary documents needed being it his house papers and car papers his id cards payslip
Here's the issues I see:
- Toronto School of Management is a private school. So that means it's not a good school / has a low reputation. IRCC may be wondering why you are spending so much money on a bad education.
- It doesn't make any sense for you to be taking a diploma if you already have a degree. A diploma is a lower level of education.
- IRCC prefers for sponsors to be immediate family members. Higher chance of refusal with aunts, uncles, etc.

Also note that you will not qualify for a Post Graduate Work Permit after you finish your studies because this school is a private school and does not qualify for a PGWP. It's honestly a complete waste of money to go there. Pick a public college or university instead.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Your uncle isn't the one going to study. It is you. Showing someone else's financial statements and assets indicates that you cannot afford to study on your own, therefore your permit was refused.