+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY PERMIT -Got my Port Of Entry (POE) letter before Passport Request Letter(PRL)

10Cho

Nov 28, 2023
Have applied for the student visa and I have also got my POE before receiving my passport so I was told tht it’s okay submit my passport for stamping with just my POE. Is it really okay to do that

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Have applied for the student visa and I have also got my POE before receiving my passport so I was told tht it’s okay submit my passport for stamping with just my POE. Is it really okay to do that
I will assume you mean you got the letter for your Study Permit? Study permit and visa are 2 different things. Do you have a TRV that will allow you to enter Canada now, if not you have to wait for the Passport Request letter before submitting your passport if you are from a visa required country as opposed to an eTa country.

naved737

Oct 28, 2023
I will assume you mean you got the letter for your Study Permit? Study permit and visa are 2 different things. Do you have a TRV that will allow you to enter Canada now, if not you have to wait for the Passport Request letter before submitting your passport if you are from a visa required country as opposed to an eTa country.
What happens if the TRV that is present allows for only 6 months stay like a WX-1 or V-1 ?

naved737

Oct 28, 2023
The question is who said to you that it's okay to submit passport for stamping with POE....I don't think that's possible tbh.....they might return ur passport without stamping.....VFS clearly states that u need a PPR to get stamping.

10Cho

Nov 28, 2023
The question is who said to you that it's okay to submit passport for stamping with POE....I don't think that's possible tbh.....they might return ur passport without stamping.....VFS clearly states that u need a PPR to get stamping.

10Cho

Nov 28, 2023
The letter tht I have received clearly mention the letter of introduction. My agent told me that. So I will be going to vfs to submit my passport.

naved737

Oct 28, 2023
The letter tht I have received clearly mention the letter of introduction. My agent told me that. So I will be going to vfs to submit my passport.
That's the POE right?.....pls let us know if they accept passport stamping request

10Cho

Nov 28, 2023
That's the POE right?.....pls let us know if they accept passport stamping request
Yea. The letter clearly mentioned ( Your application to study in Canada has been initially approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The final decision to issue you a study permit and allow you to enter Canada is made after an examination by an officer in Canada. At that time, an officer will assess if you still meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, its Regulations and any other Canadian legislation.)

naved737

Oct 28, 2023
Have ever came across such cases? Cuz m not sure either I m doing the right thing or not. Let’s see. Will definitely let you know
Yes, many of my friends are facing the same issue, ofc myself included.....tbh I think they won't accept this as when you submit the webform for passport submission they ask to upload your ppr....

10Cho

Nov 28, 2023
Yes, many of my friends are facing the same issue, ofc myself included.....tbh I think they won't accept this as when you submit the webform for passport submission they ask to upload your ppr....
Yea, but my agent uploaded tht LOE and accepted. My appointed is booked for tmmrw

naved737

Oct 28, 2023
Yea, but my agent uploaded tht LOE and accepted. My appointed is booked for tmmrw
Okay!, let us know if they accept the POE and send it for stamping...will definitely try

BTW when do you think u will receive ur ppr...has ircc webform given u any kind of information?

10Cho

Nov 28, 2023
Okay!, let us know if they accept the POE and send it for stamping...will definitely try

BTW when do you think u will receive ur ppr...has ircc webform given u any kind of information?
They asked me to come along with my PPR. Haven’t received any mail or update on PPR from IRCC. Have you also received POE before PPR? And whn did you received it.

naved737

Oct 28, 2023
They asked me to come along with my PPR. Haven’t received any mail or update on PPR from IRCC. Have you also received POE before PPR? And whn did you received it.
Yup received poe, on oct 20th...it really is frustrating to wait this long for ppr