+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit funds questions

Fuzu

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
For study permit application proof of funds, how much liquid cash do I need to show? Tuition is 12000 per year and location is Winnipeg. Program duration 3 years.

1) My sponsor is moving money. How many months of bank statements do I need to show?
2) Also will ircc question the movement of funds, please advise how far back do they look? The sponser is planning to move 3k per week for around 12 weeks which will amount to 36k.

Please advise.

My sponsor does have asset to easily fund my education which they will show. Just don't have liquid cash so moving it now. Kubeir Kamal

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
For study permit application proof of funds, how much liquid cash do I need to show? Tuition is 12000 per year and location is Winnipeg. Program duration 3 years.

1) My sponsor is moving money. How many months of bank statements do I need to show?
2) Also will ircc question the movement of funds, please advise how far back do they look? The sponser is planning to move 3k per week for around 12 weeks which will amount to 36k.

Please advise.

My sponsor does have asset to easily fund my education which they will show. Just don't have liquid cash so moving it now. Kubeir Kamal
You need to show bank statements from the past 4 months that meet minimum requirements. Moving funds to your account must be documented on where the money is coming from. You need to show minimum $20k plus first year tuition for one person.