+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit from within Canada.

Luisf.vbarro

Jan 12, 2023
Hey guys, last year I applied to a study permit within Canada and it got accepted around October. After it getting accepted I sent IRCC my passport and received it back with the Study visa on one of the pages, however I never received a document like in this picture. I believe I need to enter the country again to receive the document but is there any other way of getting it without having to leave and enter the country? Thanks in advance

sinmi001

Jan 11, 2023
Hey guys, last year I applied to a study permit within Canada and it got accepted around October. After it getting accepted I sent IRCC my passport and received it back with the Study visa on one of the pages, however I never received a document like in this picture. I believe I need to enter the country again to receive the document but is there any other way of getting it without having to leave and enter the country? Thanks in advance
Hello, please where did you send your passport and how long did it take to get your passport back.

For your question, you need to go to the border to get that letter

Luisf.vbarro

Jan 12, 2023
Hey thanks I will try to go the border.

In my case I sent my application and then around 2 months later I got an email saying that my application was accepted and I needed to send my passport to the IRCC in Ontario. After sending it I received it after around 3 weeks.

Feb 14, 2020
Hi do you mind sharing your status as the time you applied for study permit within Canada ? I have a brother currently in Canada on a visitor’s visa but finding difficult to submit for study permit within Canada. Was told he has to go out to submit

sinmi001

Jan 11, 2023
Hi do you mind sharing your status as the time you applied for study permit within Canada ? I have a brother currently in Canada on a visitor’s visa but finding difficult to submit for study permit within Canada. Was told he has to go out to submit
He will apply as within canada, once he gets his passport back, he should go to the border closest to him to get his study permit document. also.make sure the border allows it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He needs to have his application processed outside Canada. Usually the US is selected.