+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit for minor child of international student

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I need a small assistance . My daughter is 5 years old, and both the parents are on Open work permits. When I'm trying to fill out the application form "imm1294e.pdf" there is a section "Details of Intended Study in Canada" , i want to know what did you mention for the School name, address, and Duration of the expected. study .
While answering the questionnaire, I also noticed that there is one question where i have to say yes for getting acceptance from school in Canada . What should i do over here ?

Regards,
Kishore.
Since your child is a minor, you don't need school acceptance for them to apply for a study permit. You can just say "To Be Determined" for all those boxes in the form. For start date, you can use the start date of the fall school session in the province you will be in. For acceptance letter, upload a letter saying you will enrol your child in the right school as determined by the Public School board of the city you will be living in.

Aug 25, 2022
Since your child is a minor, you don't need school acceptance for them to apply for a study permit. You can just say "To Be Determined" for all those boxes in the form. For start date, you can use the start date of the fall school session in the province you will be in. For acceptance letter, upload a letter saying you will enrol your child in the right school as determined by the Public School board of the city you will be living in.
Thank you. I have another question . I would like to know what option i choose for the questions Are you a spouse, common-law partner or child of certain skilled worker or of certain full time international student that has or will have status in Canada? <Yes || No>.
I'm applying study permit for my daughter and both the parents are work permit holders.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you. I have another question . I would like to know what option i choose for the questions Are you a spouse, common-law partner or child of certain skilled worker or of certain full time international student that has or will have status in Canada? <Yes || No>.
I'm applying study permit for my daughter and both the parents are work permit holders.
Yes.