+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

Valentinapp

Jan 7, 2023
Hello,
I need to extend my study permit which is expiring soon. As a student I don’t have much fund on my Canadian bank. While applying can I show my sponsors Bank details? Or do I need to show proof of funds from my Canadian bank? Also I have paid some fees to the school already for the current semester (not all of it).
Thank you

efermi98

Jun 7, 2021
Hello,

I suggest you show both proof of funds of your sponsor and your Canadian Bank Statements. Don't forget to include your sponsor's letter.

So, even though you may not have enough funds in your Canadian Bank account, the VO may not be concerned much about it since there is daily flow of income and expenditure in that bank account. (The daily flow of expenses includes payment of rent, groceries, other purchases, and many more)

And I think the minimum funds to show is about 10K. You should confirm that from the International Student Office in your school or simply visit the IRCC website for more information.

Best wishes

Reactions: Valentinapp

Valentinapp

Jan 7, 2023
Hello,

I suggest you show both proof of funds of your sponsor and your Canadian Bank Statements. Don't forget to include your sponsor's letter.

So, even though you may not have enough funds in your Canadian Bank account, the VO may not be concerned much about it since there is daily flow of income and expenditure in that bank account. (The daily flow of expenses includes payment of rent, groceries, other purchases, and many more)

And I think the minimum funds to show is about 10K. You should confirm that from the International Student Office in your school or simply visit the IRCC website for more information.

Best wishes
Hello,
Thanks for your reply. And yes my sponsor (mom) got more than 10k CAD on her account and of course I have transactions on my account daily. Just wanted to ask you one more thing, can you explain a bit about sponsors letter? Thanks again

efermi98

Jun 7, 2021
Hello,
Thanks for your reply. And yes my sponsor (mom) got more than 10k CAD on her account and of course I have transactions on my account daily. Just wanted to ask you one more thing, can you explain a bit about sponsors letter? Thanks again
That is great. The Sponsor's letter should be a letter from your Mom indicating that she will be sponsoring your education for the remaining period. This letter should definitely be addressed to IRCC. For clarity, she could mentioned the amount and purpose in the letter. Example, "10K will cover my son or daughter" tuition fees or whatever purpose for the remaining time.

If your mom cannot prepare the letter, I think you can discuss with her, prepare the letter, and ask for her signature and or other relevant information you may need from her in the letter.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Reactions: Valentinapp

Valentinapp

Jan 7, 2023
That is great. The Sponsor's letter should be a letter from your Mom indicating that she will be sponsoring your education for the remaining period. This letter should definitely be addressed to IRCC. For clarity, she could mentioned the amount and purpose in the letter. Example, "10K will cover my son or daughter" tuition fees or whatever purpose for the remaining time.

If your mom cannot prepare the letter, I think you can discuss with her, prepare the letter, and ask for her signature and or other relevant information you may need from her in the letter.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Thanks a lot. This helps a lot. Take care.

Reactions: efermi98

Freecanman

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hello,

Best wishes
Hi,

Have you enquires about study permit extension processing times? Do you know how long it usually takes?

efermi98

Jun 7, 2021