+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
Has anyone applied for a study permit extention recent and was approved?
What's your time line?

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
My daughter submitted her application for extension of her study permit on March 29, 2021. No update until now but according to IRCC website - as of June 29,2021, they were processing applications received between March 21 and 27, 2021. And when we checked again after a week which was July 6, 2021, they were already processing applications between April 4 and 10, 2021. What concerns us is that we cannot access any updates in her GCKey account. Whenever we input her username and password, and we click "continue", the page goes back to the main page of the IRCC Website.

Anybody here with similar situations? Thank you.

Islandgirl94

Oct 8, 2020
My daughter submitted her application for extension of her study permit on March 29, 2021. No update until now but according to IRCC website - as of June 29,2021, they were processing applications received between March 21 and 27, 2021. And when we checked again after a week which was July 6, 2021, they were already processing applications between April 4 and 10, 2021. What concerns us is that we cannot access any updates in her GCKey account. Whenever we input her username and password, and we click "continue", the page goes back to the main page of the IRCC Website.

Anybody here with similar situations? Thank you.
I was having trouble signing in about 2 days ago when I entered my username and password it would go back to the homepage but I’ve been able to log in today and yesterday from my laptop with no issues. Do you mind me asking when your daughter study permit expires?

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
@Kingaos @Anyw - Keep on trying for 5-6 times. It will ultimately log you in. This is a common problem with ircc website. I have submitted for extension on June 17th. There is no update till now.

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
@Kingaos @Anyw - Keep on trying for 5-6 times. It will ultimately log you in. This is a common problem with ircc website. I have submitted for extension on June 17th. There is no update till now.
Yeah I normally have to try a couple of times.
It's about 21 days now from the 17th so we're almost half way on their processing time

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
I was having trouble signing in about 2 days ago when I entered my username and password it would go back to the homepage but I’ve been able to log in today and yesterday from my laptop with no issues. Do you mind me asking when your daughter study permit expires?
Yes, finally, we were able to log in and check the status of her application yesterday after how many tries. Her study permit expired last April 30, 2021. She is in implied status right now. At the same time, she already has a visitor visa before she had her study visa/permit.

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Yes, thank you for your reply. We were able to log in and check the status of her application yesterday after so many tries. No update till now too. It has been more than 3 months now.

Kingaos

Oct 29, 2019
Yes, thank you for your reply. We were able to log in and check the status of her application yesterday after so many tries. No update till now too. It has been more than 3 months now.
I think you should order some gcms notes

Reactions: Anyw