+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
How long did it take you to get study permit extension from inside of Canada? I’m planning to fly back to Canada on still valid study permit to get my extension in Canada and leave back home right after I get it extended. Processing time shows 70 days

Narora25

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
It's unpredictable now-a-days but files of the people applied in mid march are being processed right now.

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
It's unpredictable now-a-days but files of the people applied in mid march are being processed right now.
That’s crazy!! My friend who applied on May 20th, got it on June 5th. I’m confused why was her May application processed but they are just reviewing mid March applications?

Narora25

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
I assume your friend must have valid biometrics.
Even one of my friend applied (with biometrics) on 25 June and received approval on 7th July.
People who even applied in April without biometrics are still waiting.

michaelfraser

Aug 6, 2020
I assume your friend must have valid biometrics.
Even one of my friend applied (with biometrics) on 25 June and received approval on 7th July.
People who even applied in April without biometrics are still waiting.
My friend never gave biometrics. Everyone inside of Canada are exempted from giving biometrics

Narora25

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
That's surprising.
I applied on 23rd June.
One of my friends applied on 25th May.
We both are waiting.

Kazmanowk

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
How long did it take you to get study permit extension from inside of Canada? I’m planning to fly back to Canada on still valid study permit to get my extension in Canada and leave back home right after I get it extended. Processing time shows 70 days
I got mine in a week