+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

shix

Jul 17, 2018
my study permit expires on July 31, 2018 and I am trying to extend my study permit. I go to college and this summer is my last semester which i am taking only one course to satisfy all my prerequisites for graduation, and i apply for my post grad work permit.
I have a few questions that are stopping me from sedding my applicatuion through.

1. under the INTENDED STUDY: i tried puting my start date of sept. 2016, but it seems to not accept past date inputs, although it accepts my future date of completion (aug 2018). should i just leave it blank?

2. Under funds available, i am quite not sure what to put, as my bank statements show a total balance of $760 and i already paid for my fees, iam funded by my parents monthly, plus i dont stay in school boarding but pay monthly rent elswhere. any suggestions? i dont want the cic thinnking i cannot sustain myself as my available balance is low.

3. Under EDUCATION: where it asks for any post secondary education: i dont know if i should say yes or no. because i had previously attended another university for two years and had transferred to my current college. but i did not graduate from that university, so i dont have any higher post secondary cerificate, other than what i will be receiving from my college when im done. should i say "yes" and put the past university? or the college im currently attending? or "no"?

4. i am confused on how many digital photos we have to upload. i already have 2 copys of visa id photo, but since im doing an online application, im unsure of how many copies they need. is it just one in JPEG format? or they still require 2?

i know it is a lot of questions, but i really dont want to get this wrong.

rashisingh223

Dec 19, 2018
my study permit expires on July 31, 2018 and I am trying to extend my study permit. I go to college and this summer is my last semester which i am taking only one course to satisfy all my prerequisites for graduation, and i apply for my post grad work permit.
I have a few questions that are stopping me from sedding my applicatuion through.

1. under the INTENDED STUDY: i tried puting my start date of sept. 2016, but it seems to not accept past date inputs, although it accepts my future date of completion (aug 2018). should i just leave it blank?

2. Under funds available, i am quite not sure what to put, as my bank statements show a total balance of $760 and i already paid for my fees, iam funded by my parents monthly, plus i dont stay in school boarding but pay monthly rent elswhere. any suggestions? i dont want the cic thinnking i cannot sustain myself as my available balance is low.

3. Under EDUCATION: where it asks for any post secondary education: i dont know if i should say yes or no. because i had previously attended another university for two years and had transferred to my current college. but i did not graduate from that university, so i dont have any higher post secondary cerificate, other than what i will be receiving from my college when im done. should i say "yes" and put the past university? or the college im currently attending? or "no"?

4. i am confused on how many digital photos we have to upload. i already have 2 copys of visa id photo, but since im doing an online application, im unsure of how many copies they need. is it just one in JPEG format? or they still require 2?

i know it is a lot of questions, but i really dont want to get this wrong.
Hi, did you get approval for your extension?

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
hey! Yes it got approved thankfully. I sent my application July 20 and got my extension in September 12. so it was quite quick
Hi, did you have to write a statement of purpose for the extension and that you have strong ties to go back to your country as I will be applying for the extension this week .Thanks

Reactions: shix

shix

Jul 17, 2018
Hi, did you have to write a statement of purpose for the extension and that you have strong ties to go back to your country as I will be applying for the extension this week .Thanks
Hey there,
I actually wrote a statement that explains my application on areas where IFRS might find questionable. And since im planning to stay on after studies, I had explained what I would also be doing after studies.
hope that helps.

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Hey there,
I actually wrote a statement that explains my application on areas where IFRS might find questionable. And since im planning to stay on after studies, I had explained what I would also be doing after studies.
hope that helps.
What did you write for staying back as I am at present doing a 1 year post graduate certificate which gets over mid April and then I have a 5 week co op after which I will be doing another one year post graduate certificate which starts in September 2019..Thanks

Preet_

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
What did you write for staying back as I am at present doing a 1 year post graduate certificate which gets over mid April and then I have a 5 week co op after which I will be doing another one year post graduate certificate which starts in September 2019..Thanks
Is your study permit extended..? If yes! What did you write in statement of purpose?
Did you apply for coop work permit?

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Is your study permit extended..? If yes! What did you write in statement of purpose?
Did you apply for coop work permit?
Yes, the study permit was extended and had also applied for a co op .In the statement of purpose basically just explained as to why I needed a extension as I was going to apply for another new program which would be completing the present program that I had completed ,

Eugokip

Nov 17, 2019
Yes, the study permit was extended and had also applied for a co op .In the statement of purpose basically just explained as to why I needed a extension as I was going to apply for another new program which would be completing the present program that I had completed ,
Hi, how much is required as proof of funds to extend study permit?