+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit extension

afr741

Mar 28, 2017
Hi, I would like to apply for Post Graduate Work Permit after I finish my courses in December 2017 and I get my transcripts only in January, however my study permit expires on January 1st, 2018, which doesnt give me time to apply for PGWP because I need my transcript to be able to apply for PGWP, so I want to extend my stay in Canada, my question is: what makes me eligible for Study Permit extension if I am done with my courses and I only need time get my transcripts and apply for PGWP??? Please provide necessary links to cic website if possible.

Thanks in advance.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

afr741 said:
Hi, I would like to apply for Post Graduate Work Permit after I finish my courses in December 2017 and I get my transcripts only in January, however my study permit expires on January 1st, 2018, which doesnt give me time to apply for PGWP because I need my transcript to be able to apply for PGWP, so I want to extend my stay in Canada, my question is: what makes me eligible for Study Permit extension if I am done with my courses and I only need time get my transcripts and apply for PGWP??? Please provide necessary links to cic website if possible.

Thanks in advance.

You will have to apply for a 'normal' study permit extension with a current LOE. And, you will get 90 days bridging period for study permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp