+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Extension

t67liu

Sep 30, 2015
HARSH131010190 said:
congrats , you are lucky....i have applied on may 25 still i dint received any thing......
fingers are crossed, hope it comes possitive and soon....
Similar here, I applied on may 12. I called CIC 5 times and sent an inquiry for my case. They say that my application gets approved and is in the queue to be printed. My status remains open (not started) and it has been two months since they told me that I was in the queue.

tst1980

Jul 25, 2015
tst1980 said:
Well.... my wife submitted for an extension on June 19th and I have a visitor record and I applied for an open work permit (we are in BC)
no updates at all....

the online processing time states that they are working on applications submitted on July 23rd....

any ideas? could my open work permit be the cause of the delay?

Finally got them!!!

Applied: June 19
Received: September 28

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
quick look on my profile.

applied for study permit extention: 26 may 2015

file went to under review,and tranferred to local visa offie.

today morning visa officer called me and called me for interview...

i went today and they approved my permit at the same time..

Oct 8, 2015
Hello,

I am international student in canada and i have applied for extension of study permit on 8th May...today its 8th October....So, 5 months and processing time was 51 days... i have called them more than 5 times... they said you can just wait...nothing else you can do about it.... TIRED NOW....What should i do???

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
dont wory guys you will get it.. they just take time but if you case is genuine then nothing to worry...you will get it..

if you study well in canada and dont work over 20hr/week then you all are good who is still waiting for it..

SawBear

Dec 10, 2015
Hello guys,
I am a grad student in need of extending the study permit:
As recommended by my university, I need several documents, but my question is about two of them:
1-Letter of enrolment:
As my supervisor pays my tuition, should I wait until he completely pays the tuition and then request this letter from university? (Probably he will pay the tuition on January 15th, 2016)
2- A letter from academic advisor: Indicating my status as a student and expected date of completion. This letter should also indicates that he will pay my tuition and will support me financially for the winter term (Winter 2016)-
Does anybody here have any experience submitting this letter to CIC, or have any idea how to write this letter and get the advisor’s signature?
Thanks very much in advance.

hailanbaoshi

Aug 23, 2015
Hi,

I applied for the extension by paper 3 months ago, but still didn't get anything until now.

My university has an electronic enrollment letter that we can request and download. I'm not sure if your university's personal email system has such an option. But if your current study permit isn't going to expire before your supervisor pays for your tuition, then you could wait for him to pay for it. But if your sp is going to expire before s/he pays for your tuition, then you need to apply now. But there's an option called "Restoration of your status" after you're lost your ID and that you didn't apply for it before it expires.

I applied by paper, but it seems there're some different documents required for online. I suggest you read again the instructions on CIC or ask some of your friends (because I'm also waiting for mine to be approved, but I can't say what I submitted were the accurate ones). Hope that will help ...

SawBear

Dec 10, 2015
hailanbaoshi said:
Hi,

I applied for the extension by paper 3 months ago, but still didn't get anything until now.

My university has an electronic enrollment letter that we can request and download. I'm not sure if your university's personal email system has such an option. But if your current study permit isn't going to expire before your supervisor pays for your tuition, then you could wait for him to pay for it. But if your sp is going to expire before s/he pays for your tuition, then you need to apply now. But there's an option called "Restoration of your status" after you're lost your ID and that you didn't apply for it before it expires.

I applied by paper, but it seems there're some different documents required for online. I suggest you read again the instructions on CIC or ask some of your friends (because I'm also waiting for mine to be approved, but I can't say what I submitted were the accurate ones). Hope that will help ...
So how about the letter from your advisor that he will support you? did you submit one?

tonfalks

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
hello thanuxxi,
please did you apply for your SP and your Spouse OWP together? cos we are actually thinking of applying for study permit then wait for it to come then apply for work permit. pls i will appreciate your response. Thank you

Navdeepgill2

Sep 25, 2017
quick look on my profile.

applied for study permit extention: 26 may 2015

file went to under review,and tranferred to local visa offie.

today morning visa officer called me and called me for interview...

i went today and they approved my permit at the same time..
Hello,
I have applied for study permit extension 45 days ago, and 4 days ago i got an update saying my file has been transferred to the local office. What they asked you in an interview?
Thanks