CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-10-2017
I saw someone post they applied on may 8 and received the extension on June 12. So I think the processing times are out of date. There have definitely been approvals for people who applied in April as well but the online processing says they are working on applications submitted on March 22nd. I also think it is odd that paper applications are getting processed faster than online. Hopefully we will all hear soon.

quillnquire

Jun 11, 2015
Hi,

I applied mine on May 1st and got it approved today as I checked MyCiC for updates. I am yet to receive the study permit by post. Would you know how much time it would take to receive it by mail?

I intend to go to my home country for vacations on the 24th of July, is it advisable to apply for a TRV from my home country or shall I apply it from here in Canada?

Thank you!

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend received his permits (study and work) within two business days of approval. He lives in AB and permits were issued by CIC Vegreville office.

You can apply to CIC Ottawa and once and if it is approved, you can submit your passport to your country specific Canadian High Commission for visa printing. If you apply abroad, you might need to submit biometrics (depends on country). If you apply to CIC Ottawa now, you will not likely get visa before your departure date.

quillnquire said:
Hi,

I applied mine on May 1st and got it approved today as I checked MyCiC for updates. I am yet to receive the study permit by post. Would you know how much time it would take to receive it by mail?

I intend to go to my home country for vacations on the 24th of July, is it advisable to apply for a TRV from my home country or shall I apply it from here in Canada?

Thank you!

kokohek

May 31, 2015
I applied SP extension on May 13th, just got an email saying thath my application has been updated. However,there is nothing new when i checked my CIC. Anybody having that? What is that?

NaomiA

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
kokohek said:
I applied SP extension on May 13th, just got an email saying thath my application has been updated. However,there is nothing new when i checked my CIC. Anybody having that? What is that?
I got an email on June 27 too. But when I checked My CIC account, there was no update to my application status. I applied waaaaaaay back on April 15...and still waiting to hear back from CIC.

quillnquire

Jun 11, 2015
^^ I had a similar such issue where I got an email from CIC two days ago that my application was updated, but when I checked there didn't seem to be any changes. I then checked again today and the application status was updated to "approved", you could check back again tomorrow or the day after. Good luck :)

kokohek

May 31, 2015
NaomiA said:
I got an email on June 27 too. But when I checked My CIC account, there was no update to my application status. I applied waaaaaaay back on April 15...and still waiting to hear back from CIC.
"If the status is open, it means that we have received your application. When we begin to process your file, you will be notified of a change in your application status through your account." Does that "update" mean your application is actually being processed?

kokohek

May 31, 2015
quillnquire said:
^^ I had a similar such issue where I got an email from CIC two days ago that my application was updated, but when I checked there didn't seem to be any changes. I then checked again today and the application status was updated to "approved", you could check back again tomorrow or the day after. Good luck :)
Thanks my friend, glad to hear that! Also, gratz on your approval! Do you mind telling us when did you submit your application?

roadtofreedom16

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
quillnquire said:
Hi,

Thank you!
Congratulations! happy for you. the mail should reach you quite quickly i suppose, within 1 week? shouldn't exceed 2 weeks i guess.